O.M.G!!! It's a shoe whore's dream!!! (Read 983 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A month or two back I was on NB's site and noticed that one could sign up to be a wear tester. So I did, but never heard anything back and figured "eh, I must not fit any demographics they need." WRONGO! Today I got my first item for testing...it's a new shoe that sounds in description like a cross between a lightweight performance trainer and a flat. Several places in the instructions it says to NOT wear them for any long runs, but rather for drill work. So I guess I will have to do a few tempo/fartlek sort of runs any time I get a day or so of clear roads. I will probably only be able to really try them for 2-3 runs, since the test period is only 2 weeks. The big downside...I have to return them at the end of the test period, which is a darned shame, since they are really a sweet looking shoe and I'd definitely wear them to kick around in with jeans, even if I didn't have much use for them as a trainer. They are black with glossy "patent" areas and metallic magenta and silver. If Barbie had hot, funky, fun, sporty shoes these would be IT! NB is definitely moving VERY rapidly away from their stodgy shoes of the past. I'm so glad they carry all of their models in wides, too. Smile This is gonna be so fun--I can't wait to see what they send me next! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Well come on, where are the pictures?!?!? Cool
      ---- Cynthia
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm kinda guessing that NB wouldn't want me to divulge *too* much info. about the test product, but if/when they announce a release date on the shoe I'll point it out. It's so cool, though. I think it would have been a nice sprinting shoe when I was in HS. k

~ Sarah Kay

"I'm kinda guessing that NB wouldn't want me to divulge *too* much info." Did you sign a non-disclosure agreement? I usually had to on products tests I was doing. I personally don't mind though Wink

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

"I'm kinda guessing that NB wouldn't want me to divulge *too* much info." Did you sign a non-disclosure agreement? I usually had to on products tests I was doing. I personally don't mind though Wink
            I didn't actually "sign" anything that I can recall...unless I initialed something when I registered long ago. But I don't want to tick them off...this product testing thing could be really fun and a good way to find out if I like a shoe before buying. Oh, and on closer look that black sort of shiny patent-looking area isn't really black...it's a dark charcoal iridescent trim. It is SO cool. I told did that I would have a very difficult time not buying a pair of these shoes for casual wear if/when they do go on the market. He'd better hope they don't make them in multiple colors... Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

oh how cool!!! too bad you have to give them back Evil grin
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

too bad you have to give them back Evil grin
                I know...if I didn't want to continue testing in the future I would totally keep them. They are honestly the most kick-azz athletic shoes I have ever seen. My cool quotient will definitely be out of the negatives when I wear these babies! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Oooh that's awesome! I applied to be a tester for Brooks, which is local. I hope they ask me to do it Smile

~Sara
                  It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, I hope you do get that! I feel like such an insider... Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

I was a wear tester for Brooks for a while. Never had to return the shoes though.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was a wear tester for Brooks for a while. Never had to return the shoes though.
                        From the description of the program (IIRC) they won't always require return.

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

That's really cool, Zoomy! Cool

Rick
                          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I'm so jealous! Where do I sign up? I'd love to wear test some Manolos or Loboutins too!
                              Very cool, K!!
                              2009: BQ?
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm so jealous! Where do I sign up? I'd love to wear test some Manolos or Loboutins too!
                                Ha! On NB's website there are a bunch of "fine print" categories on the bottom of the page. There is one that I think just says "wear test." So I went and looked around at the wear test site, again. Hmmm...apparently they don't have the testers keep stuff, ever...but it's still cool. I'll still get to try stuff and have an idea if something works before I drop $$ on it. And it will save some miles on my regular shoes, so it's all good. Smile

~ Sarah Kay