husbands cant tell it like it is. (Read 375 times)

Jimmy is wise. And it's nice that your motivation is to see her happy.

As a slightly overweight but seasoned runner, all I require from the husband are hugs (support) and a sense of humor when things are not going my way. I write and research my own running and diet plans, sometimes they don't work out. Keep in mind, it may be harder for a middle aged woman to take off the pounds than a guy (it is frustrating!), depends on many factors. Another issue that I have that I'll mention - she may be finding it hard to find consistent   hours a week to work out with work/ life taking a priority sometimes.

If she's really bugging you, send her to a trainer or coach as a present - someone her own age who's achieved similar goals.

I'm headed out for my long run too, good luck. A

And I'm going to ask for a light massage now that Teresa mentioned it. Hi Teresa!

Recalculating...

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hi, ayola!  I hope you had a great massage!

"If she's really bugging you, send her to a trainer or coach as a present - someone her own age who's achieved similar goals."

This is key.  Please don't send her to some 25-year-old guy who can do 100 pull-ups and run a 6-minute mile easily.  That is SO discouraging.  I went to a Y class with an instructor like that.  I lasted about two weeks with him.

Village people

Keep your head down and keep your mouth shut!

Really.