Wicked cool Hendrix Dream (Read 329 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Apropos of absolutely nothing, but someone (zz, I think) threw down a Hendrix reference in a thread today; it reminded me of this dream I had a few years ago. I'll set it up by saying I was back in MI visiting family a few years ago. My dad, an avid guitar player and collector, has turned my old room into his guitar storage area; there are never less than 25 guitars in there at a given time. He opened up a case to show me his latest acquisition -- a cream-colored Fender Stratocaster. Both my aunt and I immediately went into a "Wayne's World"- like frenzy of worshiping and "I'm not Worthy!" It was a sweet guitar. Seeing this must have triggered the dream I had a few nights later. So a few nights later, I had The Dream. In it, I was playing The Strat. I was playing either "Purple Haze" or "Foxey Lady" (I think FL, since that song was actually used in "Wayne's World."). I was ripping into it -- freakin' tearing it up. I woke up early that morning feeling a definite voodoo vibe. Now I play a little guitar (very little). Just enough to know that the fingerings and chord positions I was hitting in my dream actually made some sense. I stumbled down the hallway that morning to dig out my own guitar. I was humming with anticipation. Had I channeled the spirit of the man whose playing can best be described as Unexplainable? Had all those hours of listening to Hendrix paid off -- had I subconsciously figured out how to not just hear Jimi, but to feel him? I strapped on my guitar in the gathering dawn, ready to greet the sunrise with my own version of the Star Spangled Banner ala Jimi at Woodstock.... Nothing. I still sucked. Sucked donkey to be exact. Damn; I guess this means I'll have to actually practice. Big grin Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Hendrix - wicked awesome....

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group