Okay, so this scared the life out of me... (Read 1351 times)

Okay, so I went out for a run today. I was feeling really good, about two blocks in and I knew I'd have a good run (and I did, I increased my mile by a minute - 8:50), and so i'm about to cross over to my third block and all of a sudden a guy pulls up and blocks me off at the corner and he rolls down his window. And he says: "since your're running and all, would you mind ..." Now here's what I thought he might say: "do you have directions ..." or "do you know where ... is" or something normal, but no, he reaches into his back seat, and pulls a stethoscope out and goes, "Can I take your heart beat when you finish!?" NOw this guy looked CRAZY and the stethoscope was rusted and dirty, as was the whole inside of his car. I am convinced he wanted to do much more than check my heart, and second I said "no" to him, he gave me a deathly look like he was going to kill me, and I just sprinted really fast away from this guy and hoped he won't follow me!! oh christ. Shy
    "Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, 'I've never seen anyone run like that before.' It's more than just a race, it's a style. It's doing something better than anyone else. It's being creative." - prefontaine
      Slightly bizarre. Signed, Captain Understatement
        Wow. Thank goodness he didn't have a speculum. Good job on shaving the minute off your mile. Keep up the running.
          Wow. Thank goodness he didn't have a speculum. Good job on shaving the minute off your mile. Keep up the running.
          haha, yeah I know!
          "Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, 'I've never seen anyone run like that before.' It's more than just a race, it's a style. It's doing something better than anyone else. It's being creative." - prefontaine
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow. Thank goodness he didn't have a speculum.
            Shocked OW! Tight lipped

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

Man, that is just plain weird. Knowing me, I would have suggested he stick that thing up his arse.
              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
              finney

Resident pinniped

Have you ever considered carrying pepper spray? Shocked

Bugs

That's VERY weird. Smart reaction on your part.

Bugs

Kings Canyon NP 07'

I bet you threw in big negative split on that one.

left-right-left-right-repeat

Have you ever considered carrying pepper spray? Shocked
                      haha, no. I don't run like on side streets or anything, or when it's dark, so I've never considered it, but after his, I might think twice .. Wink
                        I bet you threw in big negative split on that one.
                        what do you mean by this?
                          That's when you run the second half of your run faster than the first. A good training technique. On your experience: Dude, you're living in Jersey: America's Armpit. About par for the course, I'd say.
                            Brings back memories from living in Oklahoma City. People in automobiles can be very harrassing to pedestrians. I recall being splashed by cars deliberately hitting mud puddles, being cursed at, honked at, yelled at, etc. Now I run after work around a fenced in track on company property. Big grin
                              Brings back memories from living in Oklahoma City. People in automobiles can be very harrassing to pedestrians. I recall being splashed by cars deliberately hitting mud puddles, being cursed at, honked at, yelled at, etc.
                              That doesn't just happen in OK City!
                              Jill_B

I fly.

On your experience: Dude, you're living in Jersey: America's Armpit. About par for the course, I'd say.
                                Hey, I live in Jersey and (1) It's beautiful and clean and (2) NOTHING like that has ever happened to me while running!

Bring it on.