Mac folks (Read 585 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So I did nothing. No new hardware or software changes. Nothing. Then I went to boot my macbook pro which runs OS X10.4. It boots to a white screen, after chiming the Mac startup tone. Then it freezes. No apple logo. No nothing. Boot to safe mode, to CD, to hard drive (pressing T), resetting the PRAM battery...nothing helps. Nothing works. Thoughts?

Imminent Catastrophe

Can you hook up to another mac via firewire and startup in target disk mode? Or did you already try that? If you can do that, try Disk Utility or, better yet, DiskWarrior.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trying that right now. When I tried disk utility from a DVD boot disk, Disk Utility gave an "invalid B-tree node size" error. Got it to boot in target mode, but can't find a danged firewire cord.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

CompUSA is open tonight...off to buy a firewire cord and Disk Warrior!

Imminent Catastrophe

Trying that right now. When I tried disk utility from a DVD boot disk, Disk Utility gave an "invalid B-tree node size" error. Got it to boot in target mode, but can't find a danged firewire cord.
            I hate to say it, but last time I had a problem with that error message I had to erase the disk and reinstall OSX. I hope you backed up. OTOH It's been flawless since. I think that using DiskWarrior regularly (preventively) has helped.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016