CALLIEB!!!! (Read 461 times)

Just wondering how your doing! I've noticed your not logging alot of runs in. You're not injured are you? Hope all is well with you!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hi Pam! Thanks for noticing, and for asking. Yes, I am injured, but it seems to be the tail end of it. I am slowly coming back and fighting the urge to jump back in where I left off. This of course throws a wrench in my marathon training, and I've been busy researching plans and programs that will ease me into it but also have me 26.2 ready in December. I have bad knees, and every now and then one just dies on me. This time I think it was my shoes. I pushed the mileage on the old pair and was running more and more mileage every week. So between overuse and needing shoes, my knee got pretty sore and swollen pretty much overnight. {I have very little miniscus (minisci?) left in my knees. I was born with a genetic defect where the miniscus were shaped like discs rather than the typical horseshoe, and they were twice the size they should have been. So the docs went in and cut the extra, torn parts out and reshaped it. I didn't know it at the time, but apparently they didn't leave much there and it's easy for my knees to get irritated. Well, to make matters worse I have also developed arthritis in both knees and have known since February that my days of long distance running are numbered. This time was by far the worst (it was so swollen I couldn't get jeans on Shocked ) but the 3 miles I did this morning seemed fairly comfortable. I have this thought that if I could take anti-inflammatories then it wouldn't get so wonky so easily, but I'm allergic. Just my luck, right?} Anyway. I'm feeling a bit better after the majority of 2 weeks off. I've been biking a lot and doing the ice and elevation thing as much as I can. My full range of motion is back and hopefully I can get back into the running, quickly. Otherwise I might just go stir crazy and flip out on my husband and children! I kid you not, this lower activity level and fear of my running future has manifested itself in quite the foul mood! Big grin
      "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian
        I've actually wanted to ask about you several times over the past week or so, but was hoping you just haven't had the time to log. That is until I noticed you we're online today and hadn't posted any runs. (((((HUGE HUGS)))))))) Can't believe how patient you've been, not running MUST have about driven you nuts (it would me ) hope your able to pick up where you left off with your training and still have a kicka$$ marathon!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hi Callie - ((((hugs)))) sorry to hear you have been sidelined for a bit. Good news that the 3 miler felt good. Keeping my fingers crossed that your runs continue to progress smoothly. Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, I hope this is the end of your injuries! You have a marathon to kick ass at. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Cool hi Callie
              ---- Cynthia