Holiday Goody Recipes...? (Read 376 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just found this online...I think I might do a white chocolate fudge with crushed peppermint candies with my son for bringing to the family eating fest on Christmas Day...and maybe the same thing with those little cinnamon red hots for Valentine's day if it turns out well. I'm all ears to see what other delectable recipes you guys have to share (doesn't have to be sweet--I love a good h'ors-d'oeuvre/appetizer recipe, too. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ .: World's Easiest Fudge :. *It's made of "store-bought" frosting and melted chocolate chips—with no cooking. It's made with frosting from the store and chocolate chips or wafers. Since you can chose from different frosting flavors and white chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, and more—there are many possible combinations. Ingredients 1 12-ounce package of baking chips—chocolate, mint, butterscotch, white, or peanut butter 1 16-ounce tub of prepared frosting 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon extract of your choice 3/4 cup nuts of your choice* *Directions 1. Lightly butter an 8 x 8-inch baking pan or a 9-inch diameter pan. Set aside. 2. Melt the baking chips in the microwave in a medium bowl. 3. Stir in the frosting, salt, extract, and nuts until well combined. 4. Scrape into the prepared pan and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour or until firm. **Cut it into squares to serve. * *Baker's notes: Your baking chips need to be of the finest quality. You may substitute wafers. Try these suggested combinations: Chocolate Walnut Mint, Butterscotch Vanilla Pecan, and Chocolate Macadamia Cream Cheese. * *In our testing we used both Betty Crocker and Pillsbury brands of frosting. We preferred Betty Crocker frosting since it made a firmer fudge. * **

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh...man, I just made the fudge with vanilla frosting, white chocolate chips, and about 2 dozen starlight mints chopped up in my blender... It was almost a disaster, as the white chocolate seized-up in the double boiler (not sure why, as I made certain that everything touching the chocolate was bone dry), but I rescued it and it worked out PERFECTLY! I decided to dump the frosting into the double boiler and as soon as it got warm it got really runny...I kept stirring and it eventually dissolved the seized lumps of white chocolate. Then I added the peppermint candy bits, poured it into a pan, and stuck it in the fridge for a couple of hours. I just cut it into small squares and it is AMAZING!!! So good and SO easy. I will definitely make this every year, now! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I am gaining weight just reading these recipes. Or maybe it was the cookies I just had to try. Wink Ewa
        I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill