Chest and Lung Pain (Read 301 times)

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

Hello all,

I always have lung pain and excessive coughing AFTER I run in the cold, I also find that anytime I don't run consistently (less than three times a week, or on and off a few weeks at a time) I get chest tightness. Could this just be out of shape, or exercise induced asthma?  Any nurses or experts out there?

Not all those who wander are lost - JRR Tolkien

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, I am not a nurse, but that sounds like exercise-induced or real-live asthma. I'd get it checked out.

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Could be that you're out of shape.  Could be that it's cold induced asthma/bronchospasm.  Could be exercise induced bronchospasm.  Could be lung cancer.  The thing is that nobody here can tell based on a few lines on an anonymous internet forum.

Your doctor, however, is able to obtain a full history and conduct a physical exam complete with appropriate testing to see what's going on with you.  Start there.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

Could be that you're out of shape.  Could be that it's cold induced asthma/bronchospasm.  Could be exercise induced bronchospasm.  Could be lung cancer.  The thing is that nobody here can tell based on a few lines on an anonymous internet forum.

Your doctor, however, is able to obtain a full history and conduct a physical exam complete with appropriate testing to see what's going on with you.  Start there.

I thought as much, and to further add to it my mom has really bad Asthma and when she went to my XC races in high school she at one point had an asthma attack and had to be taken away in an ambulance, so I intend to get checked out soon before I go back to school from break. Any tips on what I should remember to tell my doctor?

Not all those who wander are lost - JRR Tolkien

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Tell your doctor what you just told us.