Whahoo! (Read 650 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

Another PR! I ran the NYRRC 4M this weekend. The 7th Annual Run as One: Presented by JP Morgan Chase (Central Park) 24:33 for a 6:08 pace. I was 94th out of 7,562 runners. According to my garmin I ran: 6:05 first mile 5:58 second mile 6:26 third mile (hills) 5:52 fourth mile That's off a little. My garmin said the race was 4.07 but whatever, it's gotta be pretty close and I was happy I was pretty consistent, especially considering the hills in Central Park. I was shooting for 25:40 which would be 1 second faster than my previous PR from 2005. I KILLED it. Guess my training this year is that much better! I owe it to coaching team which is forcing me to do twice the miles I did this time last year, and a lot smarter miles as well. Also, I've been doing a LOT more x-training this year, so my legs get somewhat of a break. Anyway, last weekend was a 10K PR, this weekend was a 4M PR, can't wait till the next race. AND both weekends I lead a 55 mile hard bike ride the morning before (and a long run after both races!!) Wow, exhausting weekends! Love it!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
    Gatorade Endurance Team

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

That is fantastic - especially since your last mile was the fastest. Plus, you really trounced your old PR. That is awesome - CONGRATULATIONS!

TRUST THE PROCESS

ultramarathon/triathlete

Thanks! I was shocked I killed it. Super exciting!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
        Gatorade Endurance Team

redleaf

Very cool! Congrats!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

C.J

RunningKidCJ

Wow!!! Congrats.