I trained for a marathon (Read 1112 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

Wow, Anne, your log is a thing of beauty. You're not going to be beat up by travel, weather looks good, I assume you're injury-free...you are going to have a great day!

BTW, I'll be there, but doing just the first half. Couldn't pass up the chance to run across the GG (and get out of this stinkin' Fresno heat!).

Ex runner

xor

I'll know tomorrow whether or not I'll be there too.

Good luck!

(and weather-wise, fingers crossed for those of us trying to fly in on Saturday that fog and other goofy SFO delays don't hose us up)

Mitch & Pete's Mom

Good luck to Anne, Robert and anyone else heading to SF for the weekend!

SF was good to the Aimster Family two-weeks ago. Mr Aimster did the Alcatraz Aquathon as part of a relay and they came 2nd in their age group.

I did think of you guys doing the marathon in the coming weeks so we left lots of good athletic Karma up there for you. Also, I think we left a pair of kid's socks too, so if you find them...

Robert, BTW, have you thought of flying to Oakland and then taking the BART to the city?   

Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
        xor

That's how I should have arranged it, but I got a cheap Virgin America flight into SFO that I couldn't pass up... so fingers crossed...

spinach

San Francisco is a pretty nice route.  This will be my third year I am running it, I am flying in tomorrow so I don't think I will need to worry too much about the fog delaying the flight.  Although I am hoping for some nice fog sunday morning for the race.  I like the early start, I will just stay on central time and then the 5:30 start will be the normal time for my Sunday morning long run.  The one problem I had last year with starting that early was that the road surface was pretty rough the first several miles and so my ankles took quite a beating until the sun came up and I could see the road surface. 

Good luck Anne and Stevie Ray.  Maybe I will see you guys out there, I will probably be wearing my yellow maniacs singlet, or maybe a plain blue one instead; it will depend on which one seems luckier when I am out there.  My number is 43.  See you out there and good luck all.

Mitch & Pete's Mom

That's how I should have arranged it, but I got a cheap Virgin America flight into SFO that I couldn't pass up... so fingers crossed...

okay fine, but don't let her distract you from the race.

Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
              AnneCA

Eh, they're pretty used to fog at SFO, I think.  I've only ever heard of significant fog delays in the winter (the winter fog patterns being somehow different).   Hope you can make it, SRL!  I do find it a nuisance that a Saturday stop at the Expo is required to get the number. 

Arla and Spinach, hope you both have good races.  The first half is definitely the more scenic.  When's your wave start?

Trey (Runner67) and I are talking about a meet-up at Gordon Biersch after the finish.  It opens at 11:30, and is a block from the finish line.  Convenient, eh?   For the race, I'll be in a bright chartreuse green sleeveless and a Cal cap.  I should have just enough time after finishing to get cleaned up (finally that downtown gym membership could come in handy) before Gordon Biersch opens , but, then, I may decide to stay dirty.  GKA, I'm going to encourage the LMJS folks to come too. 

Thanks again for the encouragement, all!  I'm a little hyped right now . . . .

Are we finally going to see a PR attempt from you?

Marathon PR 3:25:23 http://26point2medals.com/metals.html

#artbydmcbride

A PR attempt in San Francisco?  

Runners run

xor

Are we finally going to see a PR attempt from you?

Er...no.

Not even sort of.

Queen of 3rd Place

Anne - I think we're in wave 4 at 5:54. I'll look like, well, every other middle-aged female out there.

Looking like good weather, I'm sooo ready to get out of our two-week-long Fresno heat wave

Ex runner

Get Lost :)

Hey Anne -- have FUN in tomorrow's race!