Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

Smashy!!!

Waaaa??? I just starting wearing the Elixir and decided it's Mizuno's best shoe. Oh well, I guess Mizuno didn't learn a thing from the Rider 14 debacle.

I saw on a FB post Elixirs being retired. Any truth to this? I don't run in them, but was just curious.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

If Mizuno does that, they are stupid.  Isn't the Elixirs their best sellers?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I saw on a FB post Elixirs being retired. Any truth to this? I don't run in them, but was just curious.

One of their product blogs mentions the upcoming Elixir for this Spring. But if you saw it on FB, I'm sure it's true.

Docket_Rocket

The 8s already came out in January, so I assume they refer to that one.

One of their product blogs mentions the upcoming Elixir for this Spring. But if you saw it on FB, I'm sure it's true.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

The Elixir falling out would be a shame. I still have a 4 in my rotation with 1600 miles, and I'm sure it'll get at least to 2000 this year without a problem. The Precision's been a good, durable shoe for me too though.

Smashy!!!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Melton

Mizuno's  colorways and styling have crossed the Clown Rubicon...

The Elixir falling out would be a shame. I still have a 4 in my rotation with 1600 miles, and I'm sure it'll get at least to 2000 this year without a problem. The Precision's been a good, durable shoe for me too though.

If the Elixir really goes away, I'll have to switch to running barefoot (Nirvana and Elixir = the only shoes for me)

Docket_Rocket

As compared to the Asics Gel Noosa, not yet!

Mizuno's  colorways and styling have crossed the Clown Rubicon...

Damaris

Fundraising Page

EricR

As compared to the Asics Gel Noosa, not yet!

Yeah, even I'm coming to grips with the Elixir 8 colorway.  I'd wear Elixir's with just about any design.  Nothing has that ride...I can feel the road yet my foot is protected/supported for even my longest runs.

Hamish911

Running village just posted a preview video of the new Wave Sayonara for those interested.

Looks like an interesting shoe, but also the replacement to AP+ foam being quoted as 30% lighter but otherwise same qualities and characteristics.

Seth can you tell us what other shoes due out in "fall" will have the new foam (euphoric i believe it was called, not sure on spelling)

http://runningvillage.com/2013/01/22/mizuno-wave-sayonara-sneak-peek/

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

I don't like how that dude in the RV video claims Sayonara is a neutral shoe.  if that's the case, then it's a Precision replacement, not next generation Elixir.  Some people need a tad of support in a lightweight shoe, you know.  I have been on Elixir since first generation.  If Sayonara doesn't have enough support, that's it for me.  No more Mizuno Sad

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

By the way, who gives a **** about the colours?  I don't care what my shoes look like.  I care how they feel.

Feeling the growl again

By the way, who gives a **** about the colours?  I don't care what my shoes look like.  I care how they feel.

I agree, but some of the recent offerings are damn near clown shoes.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills