Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

run2thehills

rebuilding r2th v2.0

I agree, but some of the recent offerings are damn near clown shoes.

+1:

Case in point:

Smashy!!!

I don't like how that dude in the RV video claims Sayonara is a neutral shoe.  if that's the case, then it's a Precision replacement, not next generation Elixir.  Some people need a tad of support in a lightweight shoe, you know.  I have been on Elixir since first generation.  If Sayonara doesn't have enough support, that's it for me.  No more Mizuno Sad

that's correct. The Sayonara is replacing the Precision, not the Elixir. The Elixir will have its own replacement.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Hamish911

The guy in the RV video never said anything about it replacing the elixir. It has been known for quite awhile that the Sayonara was a new shoe from mizuno ... designed to fill the gap left when the precision is retired.

He mentioned that the new shoe had a touch of support in the midsole ... that's all. He was giving a first impressions and has not even put the shoe on.

Docket_Rocket

That is a cute color.

+1:

Case in point:

And as compared to this, they are mild:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

EricR

Damaris - Are you wearing the Women's Elixir 8 or 7?

The Thunder

No questions, but keep up the practice of not extensively "updating" models every 6-12 months.  Nothing irritated me more than finally finding a shoe that fit well, only to find it had already been discontinued and I had to start all over again.

Mizuno has made a lot of money off of me since I discovered this around 2002...every pair of Precisions fits  more or less like the prior ones.

I'm not sure if it's been said here yet, but since spaniels the one that wrote this if it hasn't been addressed yet, the wave precision is going sayonara!  Smile

MTA:  After reading the first page and now this page, I see that there has already been at least a couple references to the Sayonara.  I can tell you that this shoe fits and feels awesome!  I know people who've liked the Precision AND the Elixer will be terrified.  However, I think Mizuno knocked this one out of the park.  This is an awesome shoe...that will fit and function so well for so many people.  It's a great update that is supposed to be a shoe that can be used by a Neutral to Moderate Support shoe wearer...SO it's replacing both.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Docket_Rocket

Both.  I just got the 8s and tried them last week.  They felt a tad different but awesome too.

Damaris - Are you wearing the Women's Elixir 8 or 7?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

The question is WHEN IS IT COMING?  Not that I already have too many Mizunos, but....

I'm not sure if it's been said here yet, but since spaniels the one that wrote this if it hasn't been addressed yet, the wave precision is going sayonara!  Smile

MTA:  After reading the first page and now this page, I see that there has already been at least a couple references to the Sayonara.  I can tell you that this shoe fits and feels awesome!  I know people who've liked the Precision AND the Elixer will be terrified.  However, I think Mizuno knocked this one out of the park.  This is an awesome shoe...that will fit and function so well for so many people.  It's a great update that is supposed to be a shoe that can be used by a Neutral to Moderate Support shoe wearer...SO it's replacing both.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

EricR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3i0nCQ-eyc

Contrary to what's stated in the video, it's supposed to hit the market in July of this year.

Hey Guys!

Sorry, I've been away from home all week and not on RunningAhead at all... Let me answer some questions for ya.

Sayanora? Ok, its not "replacing" anything.  It's really 100% it's own shoe.  If anything the Wave Rider 16 kind of replaced the Precision as a lightweight trainer, as they are so freakin' close in weight and feel (plus, I think a lot of people prefer the fit of WR over the Precision anyway).  Really, the Precision's time had come... as awesome as it shoe as it is, it just did not have an identity anymore.

So, what to do?  The lab rats at Mizuno concocted a brand-new midsole materiel that is lighter, more resilient, and actually rides better, and rather just create a shoe and slap "PRECISION 14" on the side... it didn't really do the shoe justice.  It needed it's own identity.  Hence, Sayanora.

Ok, the Elixir question.... yes, in 2014 the Elixir will be phased out as the Sayanora will be the only lightweight performance trainer within the lineup for now.  At first, it broke my heart.... I put 90 miles a week in the Elixirs, have for years... and it crushed me.  But after spending the past few days with the product guys at Mizuno, picking their brain, learning the ins/outs of the Wave Sayanora, I feel better.

This shoe will surprise a lot of people.... it's taken the perfect blend of the best attributes of the Elixir, the Precision (and even the Ronin) and made one awesome performance trainer!

Street date is 07.05.13 and will be available in 2 colorways (for both men and woman), more colors to follow though.

---------

Docket_Rocket

And there goes the greatest shoe ever created.

The Sayonaras better be good! Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page

I just want Mizuno to bring back the Wave Universe 3.  I can't even get the Wave Universe 4 any more and when I do I have to cut a notch out of the back heel so that it doesn't rub a blister into existence.  It's a shame that they had to screw up a good shoe.  They claimed they raised the back of the heel for support.  Since when do racing flats need support?  It looks like I may be in the market for a new shoe.  Sigh....

I just want Mizuno to bring back the Wave Universe 3.  I can't even get the Wave Universe 4 any more and when I do I have to cut a notch out of the back heel so that it doesn't rub a blister into existence.  It's a shame that they had to screw up a good shoe.  They claimed they raised the back of the heel for support.  Since when do racing flats need support?  It looks like I may be in the market for a new shoe.  Sigh....

well, wait until you see the 5.....

---------

Well, today I ordered the Inov-8 Bare-X Lite 150 Men's Shoes White/Red ($83.88 at Running Warehouse)  They have a zero heel to toe drop.  I'll just have to see how they work out.

Smashy!!!

so Sayonara is not replacing anything, but it could have been called the Precision 14? Doesn't make sense. And Mizuno want the Elixir users to move to the Precision14 aka Sayonara? Still doesn't make sense.

Maybe it'll all make sense when I see the shoe.

Hey Guys!

Sorry, I've been away from home all week and not on RunningAhead at all... Let me answer some questions for ya.

Sayanora? Ok, its not "replacing" anything.  It's really 100% it's own shoe.  If anything the Wave Rider 16 kind of replaced the Precision as a lightweight trainer, as they are so freakin' close in weight and feel (plus, I think a lot of people prefer the fit of WR over the Precision anyway).  Really, the Precision's time had come... as awesome as it shoe as it is, it just did not have an identity anymore.

So, what to do?  The lab rats at Mizuno concocted a brand-new midsole materiel that is lighter, more resilient, and actually rides better, and rather just create a shoe and slap "PRECISION 14" on the side... it didn't really do the shoe justice.  It needed it's own identity.  Hence, Sayanora.

Ok, the Elixir question.... yes, in 2014 the Elixir will be phased out as the Sayanora will be the only lightweight performance trainer within the lineup for now.  At first, it broke my heart.... I put 90 miles a week in the Elixirs, have for years... and it crushed me.  But after spending the past few days with the product guys at Mizuno, picking their brain, learning the ins/outs of the Wave Sayanora, I feel better.

This shoe will surprise a lot of people.... it's taken the perfect blend of the best attributes of the Elixir, the Precision (and even the Ronin) and made one awesome performance trainer!

Street date is 07.05.13 and will be available in 2 colorways (for both men and woman), more colors to follow though.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)