Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

Hamish911

Someone in my running club told me that Mizuno is discontinuing the Wave Nirvana line completely. Please tell me she is terribly mistaken. Otherwise, I will have to run out and buy all the remaining pairs in the Twin Cities. I think I'm on my 20th or so pair.

Half true. Mizuno USA is discontinuing the Nirvana. The Nirvana 9 will continue in Europe and Australia (not sure rest of world). USA is getting a "New" shoe to replace it, but not for at least a year.

My info comes from Mizuno Shoe Guy over on Runner's World forums ... and from seeing and holding the Nirvana 9 at a pre-release info night at my LRS (in Aust.).

Netizen Kane

Make a Wave Sub-Three for the Euro/US market. And please stop making it in Japan as it is really very expensive.Wink

Grapestaint

Mizuno's look cool, but after running in Nike Frees, they feel like my Allen Edmonds cap toes...

Lazy idiot

Precision will also be disappearing in favor of this "new" shoe.

Tick tock

Hamish911

umm no I don't think so. The precision is going but it is a light weight neutral trainer. The Nirvana is one of the heaviest stability shoes Mizuno do.

Unless I missed your joke?

Precision WILL be phased out after this selling season... but it has nothing to do with the Nirvana.

---------

Lazy idiot

umm no I don't think so. The precision is going but it is a light weight neutral trainer. The Nirvana is one of the heaviest stability shoes Mizuno do.

Unless I missed your joke?

Yeah, my bad.  I only kind of half read the thread.  I shouldn't have lumped the Precision in with the Nirvana.  But yes, the Precision is going away.

Tick tock

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Yeah, my bad.  I only kind of half read the thread.  I shouldn't have lumped the Precision in with the Nirvana.  But yes, the Precision is going away.

figures...I bought some Precision shoes earlier this year and really like them.  Guess I need to buy a spare!

Precision will still be around all through 2013... but something new is on the horizon from Mizuno......  Wink

---------

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

seth question about Mizuno shoe lines.

I currently run in an Asics Kayano and do speed work and 5ks in a DS Racer.

Until this point both have served me well, but I began to suspect that my support needs have changed.  Since I am now between training cycles, I wanted to go ahead and review shoe options and check my shoe needs.

Recently, I spent 30+ minutes with the LRS doing a video analyzing of my foot strike, pronation and general shoe needs.  I did not suggest to them that my pronation has changed, instead let them tell me what they thought.

I am a pronator but need light to slightly moderate support. (vastly different than the kayanos)

I am a mid/ foot striker which has also changed from my start ( used to be a slight heel/ midfoot striker)

I am 5'8 #150 male, with an average of 35-40 mpw.

I am happy with my DS Racers as speedwork and 5k racers, but I need a main shoe type to replace the Kayanos.

Any specific shoes I should be looking at?

Thanks

Slymoon, I am not Seth, but may I recommend the Mizuno Inspire? 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Feeling the growl again

Precision WILL be phased out after this selling season... but it has nothing to do with the Nirvana.

I have been wearing them exclusively for seven or more years.  I guess Mizuno wants me to have to stop just ordering their shoes every time and search for another shoe...which is just as likely to not be Mizuno as switching to whatever new...and probably heavier...thing they plan to replace it with.  Angry

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Docket_Rocket

Precision will still be around all through 2013... but something new is on the horizon from Mizuno......  Wink

You look familiar, Seth. Wink

I second the Inspire suggestion, Slymoon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

I have been wearing them exclusively for seven or more years.  I guess Mizuno wants me to have to stop just ordering their shoes every time and search for another shoe...which is just as likely to not be Mizuno as switching to whatever new...and probably heavier...thing they plan to replace it with.  Angry

Why would Mizuno replace the Precision with a heavier shoe? The reason they are dropping it is that it is too close to the Rider, which just dropped weight.

Slymoon, I also +1 the Inspire, especially the 9. But I'll also suggest you check out the Elixir too. 

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

clintmorningwood

The girl at my LRS said that it was going to be awesome, I am pumped.

Can you give us anymore info?

Also, hello