Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

My oldest one has 200 miles or thereabouts and is still as new.  Most of my shoes last 350 or thereabouts (I suspect because I am slow).  So, so far, so good.

Slymoon:  I got about 330 miles out of my pair of Elixir 6s.  I could have wrung a bit more out of them, but didn't see the need.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I have found the Kayanos run right at 500 for me. My 'new' pair are at 520 and I can feel them enough that I have reverted back to my 'old' pair at 470.

Regardless which I go with its a must that I go with something. Cutting a month out of run time means the effective yearly shoe cost goes up 30%. Eeep. (I have been getting the Kayanos for roughly 90 a pair.)  It will all shake out and I will get my run on!

Thanks for the input!

Jan26.2

I've been running in Alchemys for a couple years, and really like them, although I'd love to try the Nirvanas. I need the stability of the Alchemy, and have been told that the Nirvana is very close. Anyone have any experience with the Nirvana?

PR's: 5k - 23:33/ 10k - 48:30/ 5 mi. - 39:21/ 13.1 - 1:53/ 26.2 recent - 4:34

Upcoming races: Resolution Run HM 1/1/13

Phoenix R&R    HM 1/20/13

Docket_Rocket

I have found the Kayanos run right at 500 for me. My 'new' pair are at 520 and I can feel them enough that I have reverted back to my 'old' pair at 470.

Regardless which I go with its a must that I go with something. Cutting a month out of run time means the effective yearly shoe cost goes up 30%. Eeep. (I have been getting the Kayanos for roughly 90 a pair.)  It will all shake out and I will get my run on!

Thanks for the input!

I used to run in Kayanos.  There is no comparison with the Elixirs.  Very light compared to those, while also having support.  Like I said, my oldest pair is at 200 and they are as new.  I don't expect anything less than 400 miles in them.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I've been running in Alchemys for a couple years, and really like them, although I'd love to try the Nirvanas. I need the stability of the Alchemy, and have been told that the Nirvana is very close. Anyone have any experience with the Nirvana?

I have the Nirvanas and one thing that I love about them is that, although heavy, they feel light.  The shoe feels at least 5oz lighter than it really is.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Splashalot

Nirvana's stability is pretty similar to Alchemy.  I've had both but prefer the Nirvana's faster transition.  IMO Nirvana feels a tad firmer than Alchemy and a little more nimble (for a med-high support shoe).

Jan26.2

Thanks D_R and Splashalot! Merry Christmas to me...our local running store is holding a pair for me.

PR's: 5k - 23:33/ 10k - 48:30/ 5 mi. - 39:21/ 13.1 - 1:53/ 26.2 recent - 4:34

Upcoming races: Resolution Run HM 1/1/13

Phoenix R&R    HM 1/20/13

Resident Sk8r boi

I know I posted this on their facebook page but has anyone had any trouble with hard lumps in the midfoot section of their wave rider 15's? I just so want to enjoy those shoes but it is just so painful. I tried eliciting a response with a golf ball and felt nothing and have never had any outer foot pain with my NB minimus roads or kinvara 3's. Is there a break in period I don't know about?

I can't wear the WR 15 for this very reason. the amount of toe spring plus the whatever it is in the sole/underfoot area of this shoe aggravates my mets horribly. I was really hyped about them, but just can't wear 'em.

B-Plus

I was in Osaka 2 weeks ago, and I can't believe I didn't go to the Mizuno store! Especially since I was only 1 station away on the day that I was planning to go. That's all ... carry on.

Smashy!!!

I can't wear the WR 15 for this very reason. the amount of toe spring plus the whatever it is in the sole/underfoot area of this shoe aggravates my mets horribly. I was really hyped about them, but just can't wear 'em.

I kinda agree in the toe spring. It doesn't really bother me too much, but that toe spring is one of the reasons I prefer the Precision. And I'll tell you, it isn't any better on the 16. I tried it on yesterday and it has massive toe spring. 

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Resident Sk8r boi

I kinda agree in the toe spring. It doesn't really bother me too much, but that toe spring is one of the reasons I prefer the Precision. And I'll tell you, it isn't any better on the 16. I tried it on yesterday and it has massive toe spring. 

I tried on the 16 as well. it is no better at all, as you say. I'm looking for the precision locally to try on, but most shops dropped it when the lighter WR 16 showed up. The lessened spring and slightly wider toebox on the pre is (I think/hope) just what I'm looking for.

Running in Altras has ruined me for "normal" shaped shoes!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Just got a pair of 16s and can't wait to try them on my run tomorrow. Big fan of the 15s and Precision too.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

B-Plus

Hey Mizuno freaks,

I found a pair of Nexus 5 for $40. What can you tell me about the sizing? Shoefitr is telling me to go up 1/2 a size from my regular Mizuno sizing (for Nexus 6, but I assume the sizing will be the same as the 5). I wear Precision 10 and Elixir 7 in size 9.5, but Shoefitr says I should buy size 10. Has this been your experience also?

Thank you

Smashy!!!

Hey Mizuno freaks,

I found a pair of Nexus 5 for $40. What can you tell me about the sizing? Shoefitr is telling me to go up 1/2 a size from my regular Mizuno sizing (for Nexus 6, but I assume the sizing will be the same as the 5). I wear Precision 10 and Elixir 7 in size 9.5, but Shoefitr says I should buy size 10. Has this been your experience also?

Thank you

I have found all Mizunos to fit similarly. I wear or have worn size 10 in Rider, Precision, Enigma, and Creation--no problem. So, my recommendation would be to go with 9.5.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Hey Mizuno freaks,

Thank you

I wear the same size for all Mizuno.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus