Garmin Link? (Read 693 times)

Marathonmanleto

Eric, Thanks again for this cool site. Have used it now for a full year. Okay, here's a request I hesitate to ask. I Have a relatively new Garmin 305 that uses Motion based software . I really don't use the program. I manually enter info into my training log. It sure would be nice if I could insert it into the nice little cradle and have it automatically update my log here. Is that possible?
      That would be wonderful. I am having major problems with MotionBased (program that 'comes' with Garmin as a support website). And their tech support is not as responsive as Eric Big grin
      I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
      derek

This feature has my vote!!

Derek

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eric, me too. The biggest issue is the data density for users trying to look at their maps as well. Motionbased seems to trim the data to make it view in browsers without causing script delays. I had to do this manually when making my gmaps. I have plenty of motionbased data I can send you as examples. Loading from the cradle is likely a whole bunch of additional work. I'd be happy to export from motiobased and send to you.
          eric :)

Hi guys, I'm currently working with one of the users to get this feature out. I don't have a definite time line for this, but I'm working on it.
              Christmas is coming again!!! Thanks, Eric.
              I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill

Marathonmanleto

You are the man!
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

For you Mac folks, apparently Garmin is about to come out with the much delayed Training Center software for Mac...Finally!!

still alive

Yeah, they gave out CD's at Macworld 2007 last week, but still have not released the software on their web page. I guess we just have to sit back and wait more. It was promised in Spring 2006. From the reports I've read, it is not even as good as the Windows version 2 in some respects (Windows is up to version 5 now). It cannot import .crs files, for example. I have not heard whether or not we will have the ability to update unit software from a Mac. My guess is not.

Greg in ND

One day at a time.