Things people brag about that are unique to RA. (Read 1321 times)

Why is it sideways?

Let's start a list:

How they know that running is simple and it's best to go by feel (while carefully monitoring pace, elevation change, footwear cost per mile, heart rate, cadence, and time of last bowel movement.)

How cool it is that Nobby, like, posted on my thread.

How the beer they drink comes from the smallest town and is made with the most organic ingredients.

How intelligent their training is because they know how to run easy.

How they don't take NSAIDS.

mikeymike

"I won my first marathon even though it was only Trent's goofy podunk race."

"I run so much slower than you on my easy days."

"I have met Eric Smile in real life and know his wife's real name."

"I just donated to RA."

"I have a near perfect recall of some race I ran against some guy in high school.  In fact, as I'm typing this I hear the music from Vision Quest."

"I only drink unhomogenized milk from cows I know personally."

Runners run

"run" "2" "eat"

i was here before The Great Influx.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

i was here before The Great Influx.

Is that something that goes on a DeLorean?

"i totally burned jester."

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm partly responsible for the creation of this particular sub-forum (I think Wingz, Trent, and backroadrunner had a hand in its creation, as well).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

I take out just enough to win.

Prince of Fatness

I've got nothin'.

Not at it at all. 

"i no longer subscribe to running magazines, because i dont need to."

Mr Play

Poop consistency at Mile 16

The King of Beasts

"2:27 marathon ? ha thats nothing I have hiked 100 miles"

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Why is it sideways?

I'm so intelligent that I can find numerous flaws in the arguments of the insane.

The King of Beasts

"Morgan Uceny and Nick Willis, no idea who they are. What is their Marathon Maniac number ?"

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

A Saucy Wench

"I crapped in a semipublic road side ditch mid longrun"

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

When I read about Nobby and Kristen in Running Times, they were more than just names.

"I crapped in a semipublic road side ditch mid longrun"

I peed on a tree next to I-95 in the Baltimore Marathon.  Drivers honked at me.

Jeff