Things people brag about that are unique to RA. (Read 1321 times)

A Saucy Wench

I can say this because I did brag about this to anyone who would listen

There's this guy, we call him DB, anyway he is was on the USA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 24 HOUR RACING TEAM!  Like RUNNING 24 hours straight and I  MET HIM IN PERSON!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

There's this guy, we call him DB, anyway he is was on the USA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 24 HOUR RACING TEAM!  Like RUNNING 24 hours straight and I  MET HIM IN PERSON!

and he can drink more beers in a day than you can run miles!

mikeymike

I'm so intelligent that I can find numerous flaws in the arguments of the insane.

Related but slightly different:

"My understanding of the scientific method is vastly superior to that of an obvious troll."

Runners run

The shirtless wonder

This is not something people brag about but I'm certain it is a common thought: "WTF is the swamp?"

Purdey

Self anointed title

"I started a list"

How hot it is. How far they ran despite how hot it is.

How little clothing they wear below 20 degrees.

How they almost threw up the last time they drove past a Dicks / how high they got when they paid below wholesale for minimalist stuff at a mom and pop commune non-profit shoe collaborative.

How awesomely obscure their signature/avatar is and how they wish you'd ask about it (maybe more of a characteristic than a brag)

How much they hate bumperstickers.

Their knowledge of orthotics.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
              Stacks

how high they got when they paid below wholesale for minimalist stuff at a mom and pop commune non-profit shoe collaborative.

Ok, but it was a good deal, and my local commune non-profit shoe collaborative is more of a pop and pop operation (NTTAWWT).

Kalsarikännit

How they wake up at 3 in the morning to get their run in, because they have to make time to take their children to soccer, football, basketball, gymnastics, ballet, wrestling, water polo, horsie polo, macrame, rugby, baseball,softball, swimming, cricket, archery, ice hockey, field hockey, lucha libre, tennis, handball, karate, and curling (and that's just on a Wednesday).

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

mikeymike

How much food they can ram down their gullet while power walking 100 miles at an 18 minute mile clip.

Runners run

Best Present Ever

Funny, I was going to post the same thing, except "This guy I've never met but read about on a running message board was on the USA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 24 RACING TEAM and he runs like 200 miles a week sometimes.  In his basement.  And I know him, well, not really and he certainly has no idea who I am but isn't that cool?" 

bigkenny

I was able to sign up to run Boston because a guy named Greg Rowe provided a link on RA that got me and a bunch of others in.

The shirtless wonder

I was able to sign up to run Boston because a guy named Greg Rowe provided a link on RA that got me and a bunch of others in.

When is Eric going to implement a "+1" or "likes" feature?!

...And Greg Rowe re-posted the link from a guy formerly known as DCV2000 who posted it on some other running forum...

mikeymike

"I have my BQ-30."

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

+1.  And I totally forgot to give you a really awkward hug afterwards at Crossroads for that one.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

xor

Y'all have an interesting concept of "unique to RA" or perhaps only hang out here :-).

Anyway, the Boston linky spread throughout the internet faster than (fill in your favorite youtube viral video)