Exporting workout logs? (Read 1104 times)

blade28

Hi everyone - Tried searching for a similar topic but couldn't find any recent relevant threads. I know how to export your running log to Excel, but is there a way of exporting all of the data from your weights workouts? (Poundages, reps, sets, etc.?) Thanks for the great website! I know Runner's World (another site I frequently visit) has a similar log system now but I refuse to go over there, and will always remain loyal here!
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Welcome, Blade. Big grin Go to the tab at the top that says "Training Log." Click on that. Then, on the left there will be a tab that says "tools" (Different from the "tools" tab up top). Click on that. Then, choose "download data to your computer. I'm not sure if it does weights workouts or not, since I don't track that, but it'd be worth a try! Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

blade28

Welcome, Blade. Big grin Go to the tab at the top that says "Training Log." Click on that. Then, on the left there will be a tab that says "tools" (Different from the "tools" tab up top). Click on that. Then, choose "download data to your computer. I'm not sure if it does weights workouts or not, since I don't track that, but it'd be worth a try! Janell
        Thanks for the reply! I've actually tried your method already - Tools/Download your data to your computer allows you to export all your running logs, but not the workout ones. I was just wondering if there was some other way to back up all my weight lifting workouts? Thanks!
        eric :)

Hi blade28, It appears that I over looked the export when I added cross training support. I've logged a bug against this thread and I will add it with the new log software. eric Smile
          blade28

Awesome, thanks so much Eric!
            blade28

Eric, any updates on this?
              eric :)

I won't be fixing this in the current software since it will be replaced by the new log soon. The plan is to fix it for the new log. eric Smile
                blade28

New log? When's this going to happen? Did I miss some thread talking about the new changes? Thanks for such an awesome website, Eric! I swear I wouldn't be running regularly if it weren't for this place. Smile
                  Wingz

Professional Noob

Eric's been working for months on updating and revamping the log. My understanding is that it will allow people to download their GPS data and will be a lot more flexible/customizable. I'm impatiently waiting... Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

blade28

Wow that sounds awesome! I'm going to treat myself to the Garmin Forerunner 305 after my next big race, so this will be a welcome addition!
                      sade

Did this ever get added? when I export my log (excel) it doesn't show any sets from my weightlifting, only miles from running. Undecided