Trouble creating simple report... (Read 43 times)

buckindb

At least I assume that it is a simple report ;-)

I would like to create a report of all my workouts for a given distance.  For example:

General Info:

Date Range: Custom

Start: 1/1/2012

End: 12/31/2099

Workout Info:

Activity: Run

Workout Type: Any workout

Distance: 1.0 mi to 1.0 mi (I am trying to search for all of my 1.0 mile workouts)

All other fields are default/blank.

When I execute the search, I get back an empty table.  However when viewing all of my workouts, I can clearly see workouts of 1 mile which meet the criteria.  Similar searches for workouts of 2K and 3K lengths return data as expected.

Any ideas?

I am using Windows 8.1 Enterprise Edition, and have verified the same behavior in Chrome 36.0.1985.143 m and Firefox 31.0.

Thanks!

Joann Y

At least I assume that it is a simple report ;-)

I would like to create a report of all my workouts for a given distance.  For example:

General Info:

Date Range: Custom

Start: 1/1/2012

End: 12/31/2099

Workout Info:

Activity: Run

Workout Type: Any workout

Distance: 1.0 mi to 1.0 mi (I am trying to search for all of my 1.0 mile workouts)

All other fields are default/blank.

When I execute the search, I get back an empty table.  However when viewing all of my workouts, I can clearly see workouts of 1 mile which meet the criteria.  Similar searches for workouts of 2K and 3K lengths return data as expected.

Any ideas?

I am using Windows 8.1 Enterprise Edition, and have verified the same behavior in Chrome 36.0.1985.143 m and Firefox 31.0.

Thanks!

You have eleven 1.0 mile workouts. I'm not a computer genius (or person really) but I put in 0.9 to 1.1 (there was one 0.9) and 1/1/12 to 9/3/14 and it worked. On this crappy work computer.

buckindb

Admittedly, I am trying to do this under a separate profile which I have purposefully blocked :-)

I was able to fudge the criteria (like you suggested) to include the workouts, however this behavior seems very odd and inconsistent.

For example, if I create the same search specifying distances of 2 km to 2 km (or 3 km to 3 km), the report returns results as expected.  Only when I specify 1 mile to 1 mile does this issue occur.

I suppose that I can fudge the criteria.  My only concern would be if this is indeed a bug, when it is fixed could it possibly break my "fudged" reports?

Thanks!

David

Joann Y

I'm a simple person and would do the work around, presuming there is something like a 0.0000001 or some such computer-y thing that I don't understand attached to the workouts that I can't see.

But I agree, it is curious.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I don't think it's so unusual.  If your workouts are recorded in KM anywhere along the line from GPS to the RA site, then a conversion must be performed.  No metric - archaic conversion is exact, so when you specify an exact distance, nothing is found.  Joann is probably right, it's something like 0.0000001 of some unit that doesn't match your criteria.

eric :)

Hi buckindb,

Certain values (i.e. distance, weight, temperature) are normalized by converting the values to the same internal unit to facilitate searching.  The conversion is not exact (except for temperature).  To exacerbate the problem, the database also has a limitation on the precision of the values.  It only stores up to a limited number of decimal places.  When you search for exactly 1 mile, the internal search is not for 1 mile, but for some fractional meters.  This is why searching for exactly 1 mile will not yield any results.

eric Smile