More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

Three and a half miles at 3F this morning qualifies me for the more miles than degrees club. The entrance requirements are simple: Run more miles than the current temperature in degrees Fahrenheit and you are in like Flynn. Any run at temps below 0F indicates a definite level of insanity and automatic entry. Wind chill makes for interesting conversation but doesn't count toward membership. Stay safe out there. Tom

Queen of 3rd Place

So what does one do in an area that's famous for triple-digit temps? And the usual low here in winter is right around freezing? I need to get into ultrarunning! Big grin Arla

Ex runner

pandajenn19

Hmm. Yesterday I ran 18, it was 9 when I started and 16 when I finished. Big grin
        btb1490

So what does one do in an area that's famous for triple-digit temps? And the usual low here in winter is right around freezing? I need to get into ultrarunning! Big grin Arla
          Use the Celcius scale! Big grin

Running safely

I just ran this morning at one of the coldest days of the year so far. It was 68. I don't think I will be making the club any time soon.

Lazy idiot

Use the Celcius scale! Big grin
              Awesome! Does this mean I can (or have to) run backwards?

Tick tock

Queen of 3rd Place

Typical cold weather run: 45F = 7C! Whoohoo! Big grin Typical summer overnight lows: 66F = 18C Now I have something to shoot for! Arla

Ex runner

kcam

I'm a wimp. I took a vacation to Southern Utah over Christmas and I went out for a run in Bryce Canyon and it was frickin 8 deg F! I went about 1 mile and said 'Scruthat' and turned around for some real clothing and hiking! My California "winter" running gear just don't cut it for 8 F. Smile I won't be joining your club but I will drink a cold one for ya.
                  Wingz

Professional Noob

Don't forget if you're using the celcius scale then you should also be running kilometers instead of miles. Gotta be consistent, don'tcha know. Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

PWL

Has been

I measure all my runs in furlongs. I just can't get Eric to add it as a graphing option. Wink

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Go Pre!

It was a balmy -12* C here this morn...with a windchill of -22*. This translates to 10*F / 7.6 unfortunately my knee is not yet ready for 10 miles so I am not in the MMTD club! Dave

Top 'O the World!

Can we count wind chill?? If so, how far do I have to go for -3*F.... Big grin
                          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

go Care Bear go!

Well, made it once last week (6 miles at 3*F) and was close today but it was 8*F and I only ran 5. Don't think I'll make it this week since temps are hovering around mid teens and my long run these days is 8-10 miles.
                              Just covered 7 mile in 5 degrees C..wohooo Big grin
                              Goals for 2008: 10k - Phoenix Park - 6 April 48:47 1/2 Marathon - Longford - 24 August Marathon - Dublin - 27 October. Its Man v Distance. Distance is in trouble.

My sweet new crank!

I was able to squeeze in 11.some miles at a 1 F temp...Do I get points for running in snow Confused The wind chill was about -10, maybe we should do a more miles than negative wind chill club.... Tongue
                                Ryan O'D Gurnee, IL by way of Madison, WI via Wichita, KS via Denver, CO