More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Niko's looking handsome!

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Thanks, I think so too. 

This was how he looked during our run yesterday in the blizzard we got.

Leah, mother of dogs

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Aww, what a great guy!  (and a great portrait!)

joescott

I bet it's great to have his company on these cold blustery days.  And I bet he's happy to go and doesn't give you a hard time!  I can only rarely get my own sons (also runners) to run with their old man.  Oh, they run in the bad weather, too.  I just think dad's not that cool....  On one of the very rare times a couple of weeks ago I was running with my oldest (17 y.o.) in the dark early cold and I told him I had used some of his and his brothers' lingo in a presentation at work, their term "old timey."  And he glanced at me sideways and said, "Yeah, dad, and now that you're saying it, it's dead to us."

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Is this Celsius or Fahrenheit?

Cuz its so damn cold here right now that a 1 mile run will get me into the club if Fahrenheit!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Fully ten degrees warmer this morning than yesterday, and I still renewed my MMTD certification.  (-5F to +5F)

joescott

Same here.    We didn't get quite as much of a heat wave as you did, only -1F to 6F yesterday to today, but I still covered the 6.

- Joe

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

I bet it's great to have his company on these cold blustery days.  And I bet he's happy to go and doesn't give you a hard time!  I can only rarely get my own sons (also runners) to run with their old man.  Oh, they run in the bad weather, too.  I just think dad's not that cool....  On one of the very rare times a couple of weeks ago I was running with my oldest (17 y.o.) in the dark early cold and I told him I had used some of his and his brothers' lingo in a presentation at work, their term "old timey."  And he glanced at me sideways and said, "Yeah, dad, and now that you're saying it, it's dead to us."

Running with a dog has totally renewed my commitment to running.  He has taught me a lot about appreciating the little things.  It's not all fun and games (poop bags, stray dogs, his insistence on negative splits) but I never blow off a run because he totally expects his run every morning during the week.  When it is too cold, like today, I always feel bad telling him he can't come with me.

Ten miles for me, snowshoes on a nice, snowmobile-groomed trail, at 5 degrees.  I'm surviving by imaging how nice my legs are going to look in shorts this summer lol.

Leah, mother of dogs

Surprised it took me this long this winter. 20 miles, 13 degrees (5 at the start). Added embarrassment of starting in the dark with the dorkmaster2000 reflective vest, and ending in the bright sunshine still wearing it.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                    joescott

Surprised it took me this long this winter. 20 miles, 13 degrees (5 at the start). Added embarrassment of starting in the dark with the dorkmaster2000 reflective vest, and ending in the bright sunshine still wearing it.

Welcome to the club, Kevin!

BTW, I think I have the same model vest.  I was once running along wearing it after sunrise as you were this morning when a small pack of high school girls approached.  As they got close one of them ran out in front of the others and yelled, "Can you see me?  Can you see me?", and the other girls responded, "Yes.  Yes, we can.  Like the sun!"  That was one of the better hecklings I've got over the years.

- Joe

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

Joined once again! 15 miles this morning on a 10° day. Woo hoo!

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

21 miles at 15 degrees.

Easiest more miles than degrees club entry of my life, at least in terms of temperature.

I might have had one 11 miler earlier this winter when it was 9 or 10f without the wind but otherwise I had done a stellar job avoiding this club until today.

Also I saw Shalane Flanagan on my run so I pretty much win for today. 'Prec.

Runners run

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

7.5 miles at -3

Tad bit torn on this one.  Great run ... everyone from our little running group showed up, great stories/conversation, no wind, really didn't feel cold.  Cut it short because of the temperature, but probably could have made the scheduled route just fine.... and now it's snowing again.

Not too thrilled that I'm getting used to this stuff.

Tim 

20 miles at 9 degrees, a PB for MMTD points.

However I did not see any elite women marathoners out running, so the day was pretty much a loss.

Dave

After being a coward for all of Jan and sticking mostly with trips to the gym and runs on the treadmill, I could finally take it no more and had to venture outside.

6.3 miles in 1 lonely degree Saturday morning.

It felt absolutely wonderful to be outside!