More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

MIRich

And I'm OUT!  9 miles in a heat wave of 15F today! 

The extended forecast is predicting highs in the 30's-40's lows in the 20's-30's beginning next week. I'll be happy to be OUT with temps like that.

The Phoenix has risen! Recovered from my injury, and kickin' serious asphalt once again!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

21F this morning, and I was light on my feet, thanks to not having to wear 20 pounds of clothing! Smile

(I did not run 22 miles.)

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

No heat wave here. I think today was my coldest run to date. I looked at the thermometer this morning and said, "You have got to be kidding me."

-9 degrees, 10 mile run.

If you look closely you can see ice on my face.

Leah, mother of dogs

joescott

No heat wave here. I think today was my coldest run to date. I looked at the thermometer this morning and said, "You have got to be kidding me."

-9 degrees, 10 mile run.

If you look closely you can see ice on my face.

Wow, Leah.  Just wow.  You are keeping me from feeling sorry for myself this winter.  Shaming me into hardening up!!  The occasional sub-zero run is one thing, but wow.

Nice eyelashes.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

LeighDS

Live Free & Run

4.2 miles at -3 degrees! Heat wave (15-30 degrees) will pick up soon so this might be the last time I make it this season.

PRs

1-Mile - 6:18 on 4-4-2015

5K - 21:48 on 10-31-2015

10K - 47:57 on 10-24-2015

HM - 1:52:36 on 3-25-2017

FULL - 4:41:12 on 1-11-2015

Upcoming Races

Tanger Outlet 5K

Disney World 19.3 Challenge

Race the Runways 10K

spinach

It was more than 40 degrees warmer here this morning than it was yesterday. Yesterday -28° today 14°.  This afternoon I won't be in the club and I hope I will stay out until next December.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Now I'm depressed.  I just discovered that I broke my snowshoes this morning.   I had MAYBE 70 miles on them??

Does anyone need something expensive broken?  Just send it my way!!  That's $350 worth of equipment destroyed in two days.  I'm on a roll people.

Gah!  That's the second pair I have killed trying to run in them.  Maybe I gotta try the Dions next.  Tubbs and Atlas are no match for me.

Leah, mother of dogs

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wow, Leah.  Just wow.  You are keeping me from feeling sorry for myself this winter.  Shaming me into hardening up!!  The occasional sub-zero run is one thing, but wow.

Nice eye snowlashes.

Sorry about your snowshoes.  Manufacturers don't expect their products to be actually used??

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Sorry about your snowshoes.  Manufacturers don't expect their products to be actually used??

Thank you for your condolences!  My only consolation is that I know I can return them, for credit only unfortunately, but at least I will only have to eat the cost of shipping.  My husband thinks that maybe people who run in snowshoes don't really use them too much (or perhaps dont fall as often?) and probably get the parts replaced yearly.  I don't know.  He doesn't think I should replace them. Sad  If only Dion had a better return policy.

Oh, and Joe, it's totally okay to feel sorry for yourself!  I think all of us on this thread have earned that right this year.

At least it will be warm enough to run with Niko tomorrow.  He really wanted to go with me today but was trying to walk without his feet touching the ground when I took him out to poop this morning lol.

Leah, mother of dogs

rbmaze

Not a big run, but did 2.1 miles when it was -1 F a couple weeks ago. My first entry!

17 miles at 9 degrees (-5 windchill).  But sunny! That sort of helps I guess.

Dave

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

12 miles in 2 degrees.  Forecast is definitely looking up, hopefully this is my last entry in this club!

Leah, mother of dogs

Jeff F

Free Beer

Eight miles at -2 on Saturday.  Sun was shinning and no wind, so it was actually pretty nice.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It's currently 56 degrees.  I don't anticipate any more entries in this club this season.  Bye folks!

joescott

It's currently 56 degrees.  I don't anticipate any more entries in this club this season.  Bye folks!

I second that!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.