More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

juniordo1

Ran 4 miles with a temp of 0F today. 9MPH west wind kind of sucked.

2013 -Sub 2:00 for 1/2 marathon

8 miles in 3 degrees.  Agreed on the 9 mph wind.

Now I'm depressed.  I just discovered that I broke my snowshoes this morning.   I had MAYBE 70 miles on them??

Does anyone need something expensive broken?  Just send it my way!!  That's $350 worth of equipment destroyed in two days.  I'm on a roll people.

Gah!  That's the second pair I have killed trying to run in them.  Maybe I gotta try the Dions next.  Tubbs and Atlas are no match for me.

I don't have experience with Atlas, but I've had Tubbs and MSR's that have broke multiple times. Just contacted the company and sent it in for them to fix no charge. Seems like MSR even covered shipping....cant recall for sure though.

Either way, give the company a call before you go spend more money!

joescott

Now this time I really mean it, this is the last time I will be in this club until next winter!    (10 miles, 7 F)

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Thanks for the tips Derek, I think I will just get a pair of microspikes.  I'm not sure my particular gait is agreeable to snowshoe running.

i had hoped not to be in this club any more but...

12 miles in 4 degrees.  And the forecast for the next seven days is much the same. Sad

Leah, mother of dogs

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It's currently 56 degrees.  I don't anticipate any more entries in this club this season.  Bye folks!

Yep, I shot off my mouth, or fingers, too soon.  6.5 miles at 5F this morning.  I felt perfectly comfortable, though.

joescott

12 miles in 4 degrees.  And the forecast for the next seven days is much the same. Sad

Yeah, I have a feeling some of us are cursed to hang out here a little bit longer.  Oh well, I guess it's like being snowed in with nice people you like to be with anyway.  :-)

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

juniordo1

My new coldest run ever happened today. I ran 2 miles in -6F. I could have used a heavier pair of gloves, otherwise I was comfortable.

2013 -Sub 2:00 for 1/2 marathon

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

It was a balmy 9 degrees for me today.  I got 12 miles in, and had my canine buddy with me.  I have noticed the fur on his paws has gotten really long this winter.  I checked my own feet for comparison, was relieved to see they were not hairy in spite of all the cold weather running I have done this season.

Leah, mother of dogs

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Set a new record for myself today.  -9 degrees and a 12 mile run.  I took this photo at mile 9.  I had to stop and melt my eyes after this because it was getting hard to see.

Leah, mother of dogs

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

Set a new record for myself today.  -9 degrees and a 12 mile run.  I took this photo at mile 9.  I had to stop and melt my eyes after this because it was getting hard to see.

We have a crazy woman in our midst ...

Tim 

Latent Runner

Love the photo.  Smile

I must have looked something like that last night; I was on a ten mile trail run, and all was well until a group of about five snowmobiles passed me at about mile seven.  After they went by I noticed a bunch of snowflakes reflecting light off my headling; not terribly surprising, but as time went on, the snowflakes grew more and more intense.  Hmmmm.  After another mile the Star Wars Hyperspace Jump effect was so pronounced I started losing spatial awareness and had a difficult time navigating (plenty of forks and cross trails to get lost on).  By the time I got back to my car my mustache and beard (grown for the first time in years due to the extra cold winter we're experiencing) looked like your hat and my eye lashes were freezing together when I'd blink.

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
                          • 2-mile: 13:49
                          • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
                          • 5-Mile: 37:24
                          • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
                          • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
                          • Half Marathon: 1:42:13
                          JimR

A push for me, 5 @ 5.  But I'm granting myself street cred for running in shorts.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Love the photo.  Smile

I must have looked something like that last night; I was on a ten mile trail run, and all was well until a group of about five snowmobiles passed me at about mile seven.  After they went by I noticed a bunch of snowflakes reflecting light off my headling; not terribly surprising, but as time went on, the snowflakes grew more and more intense.  Hmmmm.  After another mile the Star Wars Hyperspace Jump effect was so pronounced I started losing spatial awareness and had a difficult time navigating (plenty of forks and cross trails to get lost on).  By the time I got back to my car my mustache and beard (grown for the first time in years due to the extra cold winter we're experiencing) looked like your hat and my eye lashes were freezing together when I'd blink.

Ooh, I hate that effect!  I always feel like that in the car at night if I am driving in the snow.  Not a good sensation.

Crazy, yes, quite possibly.  I actually had a guy drive past me up a hill and he was waiting for me at the top with his window rolled down so he could tell me "You are dedicated!"  That made my day. Smile

Ahem, so the PC word for crazy is "dedicated." Wink

Leah, mother of dogs

Latent Runner

Looks like I inadvertantly reupped my membership in this club today; I had scheduled my car in for some service and figured on running from the dealership to my office, a distance of only 4 miles.  After dropping my car off and trotting out of the Service Department, I saw the digital sign on the bank across the street which indicated the OAT was only 2°F.  I'm thinking those were the easiest "More miles than degrees" I've ever run.  Smile

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
                                • 2-mile: 13:49
                                • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
                                • 5-Mile: 37:24
                                • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
                                • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
                                • Half Marathon: 1:42:13