More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

joescott

I forget, do we count windchill for this.  I mean, I'm here in the WINDY FRIGG'N CITY so I got legit concerns here with a 17degree difference tonight.

No!  No counting windchill!

For me 11 = 11 today.  Not quite in the club yet for this season.  Well, maybe... it was 11.2 miles according to Garmin, but I don't have that level of precision available for temperature, so it's hard to say.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I forget, do we count windchill for this.  I mean, I'm here in the WINDY FRIGG'N CITY so I got legit concerns here with a 17degree difference tonight.

Nope, that would make it way too easy.  This is a more exclusive club than that.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Well blah.. It gets chilly here but never that cold I don't think. It would have to be one long run, lol.

Apparently you didn't see runnerclay's 80 mile run posted on the same page as your post. Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I have hopes for tomorrow morning - projected low is 1F.  It's usually a little warmer at my house, but as long is it's 5F or below...

And no, I didn't make the club yet. Contrary to the forecast, the temp was in the double digits (10F).  Didn't have time to run that far.

I did.. I was trying to ignore it because it made me feel inferior, lol.

Apparently you didn't see runnerclay's 80 mile run posted on the same page as your post. Smile

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

No!  No counting windchill!

For me 11 = 11 today.  Not quite in the club yet for this season.  Well, maybe... it was 11.2 miles according to Garmin, but I don't have that level of precision available for temperature, so it's hard to say.

Right! I would have made it a long time ago if wind chill counted.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Oh "yay" this club again.  14 miles, 11 degrees.  At least I am far enough south of Buffalo that it wasn't in two feet of snow.

Leah, mother of dogs

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Oh "yay" this club again.  14 miles, 11 degrees.  At least I am far enough south of Buffalo that it wasn't in two feet of snow.

Haven't seen you in a while, NR.  You seem to come out of hibernation in the winter. Smile

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Haven't seen you in a while, NR.  You seem to come out of hibernation in the winter. Smile

Yeah, it's been a busy summer and fall for me.  Still running lots but not much spare time for teh interwebz.  We bought a goat, kind of spur of the moment, so we had to scramble around to build her a house and fenced area.  She's all set now for winter though, so I have spare time again.

Day 2 for me, 8 degree start temp and 15 mile run.  Had my running partner for the first five miles until his paws got too cold.

Leah, mother of dogs

joescott

She's back!  Only this time, with a goat!!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Buffalo.  And there are a few runners who are kinda pissed that it was 25F, so it was pretty tough to join the club this week.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

spinach

I am back in today with just a 5k fun run.  The temperature was 4 below zero for the run this morning in St Cloud.  That is just not right for Thanksgiving, but we had a great turnout nonetheless, probably more than 500 were out this morning.  A great way to start the holiday.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Winter is here.  7.5 miles at 1F, falling to 0F, on snowy, icy trails and streets.  A lovely run.  Funny, I didn't encounter any other runners.

npaden

I got my annual entry into the club this past week on our family Christmas ski vacation.

-7 degrees and I ran 1.88 miles.

It's a lot more of a novelty when you get to join the club once a year on vacation than living somewhere that you get the opportunity to join the club all winter long!

Age: 50 Weight: 224 Height: 6'3" (Goal weight 195)

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)