More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

MIRich

Done. 5 miles in 4 degrees.

Wasn't as tough with just a breeze instead of the wind that brought all of this cold.

Perhaps, if this weather stuck around more, but just a day's worth. Tomorrow should be a balmy 17-22 degrees.

Congrats Oldman!

Congrats NikoRosa!

Another cool morning today. 5F with 15mph west winds during the 4am 8 mile run.

The Phoenix has risen! Recovered from my injury, and kickin' serious asphalt once again!

joescott

Yeah!!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Heat wave here, it was 8F and I only ran my usual 6.5.  Wind chill would have easily qualified me, but I don't count that.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wasn't as tough with just a breeze instead of the wind that brought all of this cold.

Perhaps, if this weather stuck around more, but just a day's worth. Tomorrow should be a balmy 17-22 degrees.

Yay, you did it!

JimR

Sadly it'll have warmed up to a balmy 10F by the time I get out there, and I just don't have enough time.

Pretty much the same here, it just jumped from 9F to 13F. Bah.. Was so close Sad

Sadly it'll have warmed up to a balmy 10F by the time I get out there, and I just don't have enough time.

jpdeaux

1.0° when I started, 5.1° when I finished. 5.3 miles

Layered up it wasn't even "not all that bad", it was fine. Sun was out, wind was moderate in spots.

Caution won out though and I just did figure eights around the local loops.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

The New Balance store in my neighborhood offers discounts based on the temp:

15% below freezing

20% below zero

Just ordered two pair . . .I think I'll wait until Sat morning to pick them up.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Aaron Heath

Finally, I'm lucky enough to get to post in here! 6 miles - 5F!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

3 miles, 17 degrees.

Balmy weather suckas!

joescott

Finally, I'm lucky enough to get to post in here! 6 miles - 5F!

Welcome, Aaron!

3 miles, 17 degrees.

Balmy weather suckas!

Curse you, Trent! 

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Welcome back, NR!  I was wondering where you were.  What happened to your leg?

(MTA:  9 miles, 1F today.  Nice ring of frost all around my jacket collar by the time I got home).

I'm not sure what was up with it.  I did a high mileage week (107) in June and it felt like a shin splint.  But I ran on it for another month until it got too painful and switched to biking for a month.  After it got better, I tried to make up the lost mileage and ended up with the same pain.  Which I continued to run on lol.  So I'm a dumbass, obviously.  Six weeks off this time, with it too cold and icy to bike so I have been walking.  This week is my first time running since the beginning of November.  Doubled up a couple compression sleeves and that helps.  But it's touch and go.  The deal breaker for me is if it hurts just walking around, and so far I don't have that yet.  Fingers crossed.

Leah, mother of dogs

Proud member of this club once again. (not really)  5 miles 3 degrees

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm not sure what was up with it.  I did a high mileage week (107) in June and it felt like a shin splint.  But I ran on it for another month until it got too painful and switched to biking for a month.  After it got better, I tried to make up the lost mileage and ended up with the same pain.  Which I continued to run on lol.  So I'm a dumbass, obviously.  Six weeks off this time, with it too cold and icy to bike so I have been walking.  This week is my first time running since the beginning of November.  Doubled up a couple compression sleeves and that helps.  But it's touch and go.  The deal breaker for me is if it hurts just walking around, and so far I don't have that yet.  Fingers crossed.

I bet Niko is glad to be running again!  Don't let your doggie dictate your speed or distance too much.

I've acquired a 3?yo pit bull rescue, who needs considerable leash training before we can run together.  Thanks for your treat-training suggestions!  It's helping quite a bit.  I found that it's important to use high-MF (motivation factor) treats, like cut-up hot dogs.  As to the dry (low-MF) treats, she will take 'em or leave 'em, and almost anything on a walk is more interesting than they are.

One and done with this club.

Hopefully, I won't get another chance for membership until next year or at least next winter.

Get off my porch