Almost a year since I quit smoking and .. (Read 1038 times)

My running partner!

completed: 2/08 C25k 2/08 Frosty Foot Race - 5k 3/08 Shamrock Shuffle - 8k 7/08 Danskin Sprint Triathlon 7/08 Door County Sprint Triathlon (Run portion - 5k) 9/08 CLC 5k & down 27 lbs!
    Kat
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

completed: 2/08 C25k 2/08 Frosty Foot Race - 5k 3/08 Shamrock Shuffle - 8k 7/08 Danskin Sprint Triathlon 7/08 Door County Sprint Triathlon (Run portion - 5k) 9/08 CLC 5k & down 27 lbs!
      NICE work--that weight loss is especially impressive...running AND losing weight is tough! Big grin BTW...Door Co. Shocked I grew up in Sister Bay (my folks still live there)! I graduated from Gibraltar in '91. Where in WI are you? I want to come do the HM in Peninsula State Park some Spring...and maybe that 50 mile road relay at some point, too.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My running partner!

I live in southern wi now, but I spent all my childhood summers in DC working at Kurtz Coral as a trail guide! Door County is like my second home - I grew up in the city and it was always my escape. I hung out mostly with kids from sevastapool, but we are about the same age - I wonder if we were ever at the same parties! My parents have a house in egg harbor. I think the half at Peninsula State Park would be great.
        Kat
          I was considering that as my first 1/2 marathon. It was a tough descision but the South Shore (Milwaukee) half costs only $7 and that might be the tiebreaker. I hear the state park is a great place for a run and I expect they will get a lot more people. I have not been to that park for 30 years. Last year was the first one they had there I think. Some guy cranked out a 1:09. For a first year event? damn. oh, great job on the major health improvements in a short time. You must feel great.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I hung out mostly with kids from sevastapool, but we are about the same age - I wonder if we were ever at the same parties! My parents have a house in egg harbor. I think the half at Peninsula State Park would be great.
            Did you know Mike Oldenburg? I dated him for a while, so I partied with the Sevastopol kids a bit, too--actually more than the GHS kids. The DC HM has a nice reputation. Very hilly and tough, though. I don't think I will do it this year (I'll probably do the 25k near here in May, again), but I am considering it for '10.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was considering that as my first 1/2 marathon. It was a tough descision but the South Shore (Milwaukee) half costs only $7 and that might be the tiebreaker.
              Hmmm...if you decide to do the DCHM I might be persuaded to do that instead of the 25k... Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Congratulations on an awesome year, Kat! Wonderful accomplishments. Keep up the good work! Wink

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

My running partner!

Thanks for all the support. I would love to run the Door County 1/2, but I don't think I am ready for that yet. I was planning on doing the 1/2 in Chicago, but after hearing that South Shore is only $7, I may do that one instead. Kirsten- How do I get into the Ladies Locker Room? Smile
                  Kat
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kirsten- How do I get into the Ladies Locker Room? Smile
                    Shoot me an e-mail: harumph at gmail.com Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Congratulations on all of that. I quit smoking about two years ago, then came the running. I can not imagine ever being a smoker, or not being a runner. Keep going, the sky is the limit, if that.
                      pitrunner

Awesome job! Kudos for quitting smoking too...that's quite an accomplishment in itself from what I understand!