What is your Resting Heart Rate? (Read 1350 times)

Junior Amphibian

Mine is 40 when measured first thing in the morning while in bed, which seems kinda low. Throughout the day, it's about 50. I'm not sure about my max heart rate but it's higher than 170.

"People ask why I run. I say, 'If you have to ask, you will never understand'. It is something only those select few know. Those who put themselves through pain, but know, deep down, how good it really feels." - Erin Leonard

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hannibal Granite

usually in the 54-60 range in the morning. FWIW I don't think a heat rate of 40 is anything to be worried about although I do think it is lower than average. I've know and known of several people whose resting HR was in the 30's and they were perfectly healthy

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

Supa Dupa Fly

55 to 60
        ~TC --There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't--
        mikeymike

Runners run

JakeKnight

Its the rate your heart beats when you're at rest. But that's not important right now.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

Mine was 48 when I checked it back in January. Haven't measured it since.
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Its the rate your heart beats when you're at rest. But that's not important right now.
                Surely you can't be serious?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I "strapped up" for bedtime one night, and hit record. My heart rate went as low as 38 while I was sleeping. There were some interesting spikes, probably from dreaming/tossing and turning. It is in the low to mid 40's laying flat one my back resting.
                    I "strapped up" for bedtime one night, and hit record. My heart rate went as low as 38 while I was sleeping. There were some interesting spikes, probably from dreaming/tossing and turning. It is in the low to mid 40's laying flat one my back resting.
                    I did this Saturday night. Unfortunately I can't locate my Garmin right now to get the results. I woke up in the middle of the night, took it off, and put it on my night stand. My wife "picked it up" for me and said she put it in my gym bag. Now, I can't find it. Angry I have a feeling one of my dogs got a hold of it.

The Greatest of All Time

Nice Smile
                      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                        Nice Smile
                        Nice avatar. Probably one of my favorite movies of all time. Big grin
                        Teresadfp

One day at a time

I did this Saturday night. Unfortunately I can't locate my Garmin right now to get the results. I woke up in the middle of the night, took it off, and put it on my night stand. My wife "picked it up" for me and said she put it in my gym bag. Now, I can't find it. Angry I have a feeling one of my dogs got a hold of it.
                          Oh, no, that's terrible! I hope you find it.

Hopefully it isn't damaged and you can report back what your dogs resting heart rate is. Wink
                            Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.
                            JakeKnight

Surely you can't be serious?
                              I am. And don't call me Shirley.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                              -----------------------------