10 miles (Read 848 times)

I did 10 miles no walking!!! However my ITBS problems have returned. Lots of pain right now. Getting very stiff

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, Bas and I are doing the 10 mile Virtual Race! You can submit your time, too! Big grin WTG, Gregg! 10 miles non-stop is awesome! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Congrats! It helps me to keep moving after long runs. As soon as I sit down my muscles and tendons get stiff and I have pain later on. So long run days mean a lot of walking and moving around for the rest of the day. For me that works like a charm. Ewa
        I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
          Double digits. Congratulations. Impressed yourself, didn't you? Ain't that cool? You're a runner. SkBunny's right, move around a little bit. That should help with the stiffness. When I do a longish run, going downstairs is not fun; but, if I go for a little walk, it helps flush the stiffness away. What's next?
            Next? some shorter runs during the week. Then a group run of 9 miles Sat and the next one of 12. Building up to 13.1 on Sat 5 May in Indy. My knee is better. Ice helps. Sore/painfull yes, but I feel GREAT!!! And I was NOT the last runner in this morning

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

bas

Congrats! Good work! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

WTG! congrats! Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

va

Nice work BP!!!

madness baby

YAY Poop! Good for you! Now go stand in a very cold shower and let the cold water hit your legs (up to hips) for a few minutes. Brrr. . .t's cold but it really helps with soreness!
                    deb
                      That is awesome. Looking at your log, your march runs have included a lot of long runs. Great job. I ran my first 12 miles today, also first time into double digits. My 10 mile run, I miscalculated the distance and only ran 9.2. Feels great!!
                        Yay! Non-runners call ambition like that strange or crazy - we here at RA think it is AWESOME! Adding miles onto a run is exciting! Glad to hear you finished without walking - not glad to hear about the pain afterwards though. I can totally relate to that. While you were running you probably heard that little voice in the back of your mind telling you that you would be a little sorry about this later, but as a typical runner, you ignored it!! Feeling better now?

Michelle

Yay! Non-runners call ambition like that strange or crazy - we here at RA think it is AWESOME! Adding miles onto a run is exciting! Glad to hear you finished without walking - not glad to hear about the pain afterwards though. I can totally relate to that. While you were running you probably heard that little voice in the back of your mind telling you that you would be a little sorry about this later, but as a typical runner, you ignored it!! Feeling better now?
                          YEP!! My knee was complaining to me at about mile 5 then settled down for a while. My pace felt good so I just shut out the "voice" and turned up Alabama a little louder. The problem with them is keeping my pace. When they get fast my feet want to catch up! My knee gave me fits for most of the night. But this morning it was better. A knee brace for compression and Advil for the sorness along with ice now and then. Going down stairs not a fun thing. But I'll get over it. And after the HM in May I'll cut my miles back and work the IT Band more so I can make those long runs at will.

Yeah Gregg! Smile We did our 10 miler Saturday too. My beginner's group did really well. All finished (and finished in time to attend the 10 Mile High pizza party we had afterwards.) We gave out 10 Mile High technical training shirts, ate lots of pizza and drank lots of beer. (All provided by the Road Runners. Woohoo! Wink ) I messed up my right knee though. :-( About half way through. I was babying the other shin which had been sore last week (but was and still is fine) and that did it, I think. I thought it was better but I walked 3 miles yesterday and almost had to have dh go get the car to get me home. Sad I think I'll take it easy today and hopefully be good for the group run tomorrow. It's just 4 miles on a flat course and since I'll be coaching, it'll be a slower pace than if I were running alone. Hopefully ... Eleven next Saturday. Teresa
                              I am still pumped about completing the 10 miles. And my ITBS has settled down now. I have not run since Sat. I may do 2 miles tonight (weather is a factor). My week day miles have been.......... WHAT week day miles!?!? ANd I think that has contrubuted to the ITBS problem. Not enough working of the knee then running 10 miles all at once. Never said I was smart!! Our group runs are Saturdays. We are scheduled for 8 next Sat followed by 9 then 10 again then 12, 8 and 5 the Sat before the race. Under 3 hours and this year I'll be happy. NEXT year my goal is less than 2:30. And with the base miles I have now that goal is reachable