Ole Towne Festival 5K (Read 362 times)

Prince of Fatness

Had a busy day Saturday and was on the fence on whether to run this race (6:30 PM start) , but since it was only a 10 minute drive I decided to give it a go. The course starts and ends in a park that is up on a hill. I’m pretty sure there were a little over 100 racers. Ole Towne Festival 5K Course Finish time was 21:10, which shaved 6 seconds off of my masters PR. Splits were 6:37, 6:55, 7:04, :34. I didn’t fade as bad as the splits would indicate. That last mile is mostly uphill. It was pretty warm out and between that and the fact that I was out working in the yard all day I didn’t quite get the result I was looking for (sub 21). I think I need to find a 5K that is run in the morning. Oh, but I did look in the paper the next morning and saw that I was number 2 in the 45-49 age group. That was pretty nice. Thanks for reading.

Not at it at all. 

Good one MrPH, Your training has been steady as a rock and is paying off for you. You are getting ever so close to breaking through that 21-minute barrier. Always be happy with progress, even if it's only 6 seconds. You are approaching this the right way. Running these shorter races during the summer while keeping up with your long runs is going to help you in any longer races you might have planned for the fall. Congrtas on AG 2nd
      Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
        Terrific result, congratulations! As you point out, on a cool morning 21 minutes should be well within reach. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Congratulations with the PR, good work.

Prince of Fatness

Thanks. I appreciate the kind words.

Not at it at all.