Elevation Service Unavailable (Read 655 times)

What does this mean, exactly? And when will it return?

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Dangit, it is still..out..of..service. All day? What is going on? I've got to see the elevation for todays run, NOW! MTA: It. Is. Still. Not. Working.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

pRed, this means that the USGS server which provides this data is currently not working, and so RA cannot get the data. What did you run?
          It is a course I mapped of Saturday's run with Casa and Tom Ouellette. (12.68 mile loop with some good hills in Goodlettsville. I named it Tom's Loop.) BTW, I mapped it quickly at mapmyrun and it's elevation works but I didn't like the look of it. What's another site for mapping w/ elevation? MTA: Define not working? Did the satellite get blown out of the sky, or are we experiencing some solar storms, asteroids and shit? Wink

Ricky

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Naw, all the data is there, it is just the connection between RA and USGS that is broken. Mapmyrun probably has a copy of the data, as RA soon will have too. Then this problem will go away forever. I suspect it will be up again in the next day or so, as soon as USGS gets their act together. Did you and House run the Team Nashville ten/half marathon course?
              Did you and House run the Team Nashville ten/half marathon course?
              No. Check my maps for "Tom's Loop". It's hillier. Roads that me and my cycling teammates rode back in my twenties. Very nice course but no shoulders.

Ricky

eric :)

USGS is running again so you should be able to create elevation maps. I have the elevation data sitting in my home machine. Now I need to find the time to hook it up. eric Smile