Elevation (Read 1173 times)

Eric, Has the elevation facility gone tits up? I keep getting stuck in "getting elevation" mode. Thanks
    eric :)

Hi Andy, Well that's the first time I've heard of that expression Blush I checked and yes, USGS is out of commission, again. I have remedied this in the new log. Until it rolls out, we'll have to deal with USGS's frequent outages. eric :-)
        Thanks for that Eric. It's down again this morning Sad That expression is one of those good old English phrases from across the Atlantic!
        Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Well that's the first time I've heard of that expression Blush eric :-)
          Eric ... this might help with trans-atlantic decoding .... http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/385050.html Big grin Neil

Running ... just keep running!

"it seems more likely that the phrase is just a vulgar alternative to the earlier 'belly-up', which has the same meaning". Benny Hill perhaps?

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

corrade

Valet Parking

Eric, Has the elevation facility gone tits up? I keep getting stuck in "getting elevation" mode. Thanks
              If that were the case, I'd expect to see some Elevation!
              corrade

Valet Parking

And today, it works, (Wed, Aug 6th).

Running on the ocean

And today, it doesn't work again, (Thu, Aug 14th).

You know when you're running a ultra marathon because the pain actually starts to hurt
                  -- Jakob Herrmann
                  my running achievements

Imminent Catastrophe

Hi Andy, Well that's the first time I've heard of that expression Blush eric :-)
                    That was common in the Navy. In polite company it was "toes up". Yeah, elevation's down. D'oh.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

USGS has been very unreliable lately. The new log will use a different data source, at least for the US so it will be much more reliable.

It turned out that USGS was being screwy and changed its interface without documenting it. Elevation profiling is working again. Let me know if you strange behaviors from the elevation profiling. eric :-)
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Let me know if you strange behaviors. eric :-)
                          Scout is acting kinda strange today.

Scout is acting kinda strange today.
                            Nobody likes a tattletale
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You asked, I answered. Plus, I was not tattling. I was simply observing.

Imminent Catastrophe

Now I get: This map contains a bad elevation point. The elevation will not be displayed Not every time, sometimes it works. Grrrr.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016