Power Running Physiology Enters the Mainstream (Read 2197 times)

Scout7

Killjoy.
    JakeKnight

Looks who's off their meds again....
      Uh huh. That covers it. How strange.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Rich_

Spaniel, Your interpretation of our exchange is "creative" at best. The topic of this thread is "physiology" not "training" because the book and I agree on some physiological points related to muscle, not training methods.
        Rich World's Fastest Slow Runner

#artbydmcbride

Obsessor, it isn't Senor Lopez (though srlopez looks like it might be) It is short for stevie ray lopez.

Runners run

The topic of this thread is "physiology" not "training" because the book and I agree on some physiological points related to muscle, not training methods.
            They are the same exact thing. Training is a sub-topic of physiology. Exercise Physiology is a discipline involving the study of how exercise alters the structure and function of the human body. Exercise Physiology requires diverse knowledge and considerable study of various physiologic responses to exercise. Topics studied in exercise physiology include human energy transfer, human energy expenditure, evaluation of energy-generating capacities, the nervous system, pulmonary system, the cardiovascular system, the musculoskeletal system, endocrine system (including hormones) and the interaction of these, plus training methods, environmental effects on physiology, and ergogenic aids. Exercise physiologists tend to specialize into clinical areas such as cardiac rehabilitation, research based exercise physiology {such as performance and heat stress, performance and altitude, fluid balance, intracellular lactate mechanisms, motor functions, and plasticity of muscle fibers}, exercise testing and prescription of athletes, and development of physical fitness programs in prevention of disease and disability. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exercise_physiology
              Rich, how do you make money posting crap on this forum? Dont you need us to go to your website to generate advertising revenue?
              obsessor

Obsessor, it isn't Senor Lopez (though srlopez looks like it might be) It is short for stevie ray lopez.
                Ask Bob.

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

obsessor

greenrunning, obsessor, His profile is on his website. He seems sincere.
                      And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

#artbydmcbride

Texas Flood.
                        Oh yeah? Well, sos your mom! Roll eyes

Runners run

xor

Texas Flood.
                          Yahtzee. ilene is wise. Tis Stevie Ray, though since I'm male, "senor" is technically appropriate. Nickname given to me by my former grad students because I was completely incompetent with a guitar. And Bob? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. What about Bob? I'm sailing! I'm sailing! Sailing! I'm taking a vacation.... from myself.

Rich_

Rich, how do you make money posting crap on this forum? Dont you need us to go to your website to generate advertising revenue?
                            I don't make any money off anything running related. No advertising revenue and I don't have anything for sale. One of these days I might get around to writing a book... I developed a keen interest in both exercise and physiology when I was a young adult and have maintained that interest for more than 25 years now. Mostly I do this as my contribution to the running community.
                            Rich World's Fastest Slow Runner

Feeling the growl again

I developed a keen interest in both exercise and physiology when I was a young adult and have maintained that interest for more than 25 years now. Mostly I do this as my contribution to the running community.
                              Too bad that interest never turned into any useful knowledge, experience, or proficiency. Apparently trolling the internet running boards is the extent of it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills