Inflamed Plica (Read 733 times)

Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone has any experience with inflamed plica. My knees (especially right knee) has been bothering me for the past 2-3 weeks. My PT friend said it is inflamed plica and that seems right on with everything I have since read about it. I have been icing and taking ibuprofen (anti-inflammatory dose) 2-3 times daily for the past 4 days and have only run 30-40 mins at a time this week. I feel like it is getting better but I am not sure if it will restart up qwhen I resume running. My question is whether or not anyone has ever had this and if so, how long did it last? I know this probably varies from person to person, but if I nipped it in the bud, can I get back to running within another week or so? All this laying around is driving me crazy... Thanks, Rebecca
      Hi Rebecca, I've never had that but I've heard that ometimes a cortisone shot will help if the ice and ibuprofen don't.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group