What Would You Do If You Knew You Couldn't Fail? (Read 716 times)

Was perusing some articles over on active.com and came across a thread someone had started asking the question listed in the subject...Thought it sounded like a pretty cool discussion so I brought it over here to see what us RA'ers would do... Me personally, I'd love to run an Ultra-Marathon (chalk that up to having just finished reading Dean Karnazes' book "UltraMarathon Man", he he) Big grin
    "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd go to Hollywood and start auditioning for acting roles...or maybe Broadway. I'd love to get paid to act. I was pretty decent in stage work in HS and college, but there's no income in it around here. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

i'd write a book. probably fantasy / sci-fi
          I'd be a professional soccer player and a veterinarian. Smile

Michelle

Swadvad

You mean besides save the world, end the war, etc? For something completely selfish and fun, I would climb Mt. Everest. Cool
              Buy a lottery ticket. Fly like Superman.
                Nothing. Knowing that the possibility of failure is there is what keeps things interesting. Well. Okay. I admit I'd buy a lottery ticket. Big grin

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'd audition for Principal Trombone in a major symphony orchestra.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I would be a professional musician - or a professional baseball player.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Fun thought...I've already run an ultra (well, a long marathon, anyway, just a 50k), and I'm in the process of writing a book (not about sci fi, though, it's about marathoning) - other than run professionally, I'd have to say start a local community track team for the kids in my area. A friend of mine from college did that before he left Atlanta, and he said that working with the kids was some of the most fun and the best thing that he's done. He hated dealing with their parents though. That was how he coped with getting a stress fracture while he was training for the '04 Olympic 400. Selfishly, though, I would like to make the Olympic Trials in 2012. That's a nice goal to work towards.

Run to Win
                      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Skydive! Free-climb El Capitain! Lion-Tamer? Tightrope between 2 skyscrapers! I could go on...if I can NOT fail.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

SXC Beast

Planeteer

I'd try to find a cure for all diseases and world hunger. Wink And start my own comic/cartoon series. I love to draw. Big grin I'd also try to fly.
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd also try to fly.
                            A plane, or by flappin' yer arms? Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

SXC Beast

Planeteer

Flapping the arms. Wink
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Flapping the arms. Wink
                                Dude, think of the awesome arm muscles you will develop! I'm afraid of heights, so I will pass on the flying thing. I wish I didn't have inner ear issues, though, I'd love to SCUBA dive. Wait, if you get wings maybe I can get gills like Kevin Costner in Waterworld! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay