bodyglide review (Read 1075 times)

The voice of mile 18

I got a chance to try out two samples of Bodyglide the Anti-chaffing and Sun Screen Stick (SPF 25). I was prompted to try these out after a nice five mile run I developed a grotesque blister on the side of my big toe. I tried out the Anti-chaffing first applying it to my toes, inner thighs and nipular region. After a nice 7 mile I am happy to report I developed no blisters and had no chaffing issues on my thighs or chest. I got similar results with the Sun Screen Stick. I found both Bodyglide products to be equal or better than petroleum jelly as a lubricant for running and cycling. They do offer some advantages over petroleum jelly. First, they are less messy – applying petroleum jelly w/ your fingers always leaves some on your hands that always ends up on your steering wheel, coffee mug, and/or your eyes. Also if you leave Bodyglide in the car on a cold winter night it will not freeze like petroleum jelly will. One problem I had w/ the antichaffing bodyglide is that it would “crumble” a little bit when I applied it. It wasn’t a lot and maybe just at the start of the canister but I had to pick up the offending crumbs before I mashed them into the carpet. But I didn’t have this problem w/ the Sun Screen and preferred the Sun Screen Body Glide for this reason. I did not have an opportunity to try either version on my wetsuit swims but will give an update in the fall. I tried to test out sunscreen by putting some Sun Screen on my arm before a mid day run but notice no difference when I got back. I’ll try again when I go down the shore for the weekend w/ the family in a couple weeks.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

xor

Not every stick of bodyglide will crumble like that. Seems to happen more if they are old sticks OR if they've gotten hot once or twice. Bodyglide doesn't stain my clothes as quickly as vaseline, but it WILL stain after awhile. Bodyglide can, alas, STINK. A stink like no other stink.

You'll ruin your knees!

Interesteing mainly cause, where I use BG, there is no need for SPF protection Blush I agree with the senor, BG lasts longer, stains less and can smell really funky. Never had it to crumble on me. I'll use it on my feet in a pinch, but prefer Blister Sheild powder (made by 2toms), never had a problem with that stuff, even with hours of wet feet. Blister Shield also makes a stick that is pretty good, have not used it enough to determine if it stains...definitely does not smell...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have never noticed the BG stink, but my last few sticks have all been crumbly, especially at the end of the stick. Kind of annoying to pay $8-10 for it and have the last half inch or more break right off the base. My first several sticks never did that...makes me wonder if there is some change in the way it's packaged. I haven't tried the SPF one, but maybe I should. The Blister Shield powder is also great stuff for feet. I've wanted to try their roll-on stuff to see how it compares to BG. Anyone tried it?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The voice of mile 18

just took a sniff of the sun block and did not notice anything funky. maybe i'm just blessed w/ an insensitive nose. will look out for the blistershield thanks!

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

xor

FWIW, body glide does not stink for/on everyone, apparently. I'm guessing it is a body chemistry thing, I dunno. I *do* know that I never noticed a smell for years. Then one day, it was a stench like in Seinfeld's BO car. I kind of assumed that they changed the formula. Maybe I just got old. Now I have old man body chemistry. Now where's my soup?

redleaf

Just got some of the regular stuff myself the other week - works great and no smell that I've noticed.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

HermosaBoy

FWIW, body glide does not stink for/on everyone, apparently. I'm guessing it is a body chemistry thing, I dunno. I *do* know that I never noticed a smell for years. Then one day, it was a stench like in Seinfeld's BO car. I kind of assumed that they changed the formula. Maybe I just got old. Now I have old man body chemistry. Now where's my soup?
                  No soup for you! Wink

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

IMKY13 finish!!

applying petroleum jelly w/ your fingers always leaves some on your hands that always ends up on your steering wheel, coffee mug, and/or your eyes
                    Ever heard of a towel?? Big grin

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

Is that what it is? Egads, I got my nose too close to my running shorts after a run and was appalled. Old man body chemistry coupled with Glide. I'll let my wife know. She'll be relieved. You kids get off my lawn!!!!

mb197314

Wore BG for my marathon and it worked great...No chaffing whatsoever...No smell either...
                        MikeB-BoR

The Blister Shield powder is also great stuff for feet. I've wanted to try their roll-on stuff to see how it compares to BG. Anyone tried it?
                          I bought the "Sport shield" roll on to try out based on a recent nipple issue. I used it on a spot between my toes where I always get a blister on long runs. 20 miler today...no blister. I'm happy with it. I used band-aids for the nipples today but once they heal up will try the "Sport shield" on those as well. Never tried the BG so can't compare Sad

Goals :
                          •Drop to 180 #s and hold steady around that weight