Some Graphing Possibilities (Read 671 times)

Hey Eric... I'm about halfway through manually importing nearly four years of running logs onto RA (it's slloooww Embarrassed ) and thought there might be some simple-to-implement graphing options that would prove interesting for those of us examining training from years past. I really like the visual info you get from: 1. The summary page graph of the last month 2. The past 52-week graph 3. The past 12-month graph But there doesn't appear to be a way to graph mileage by the week/month for any time period except the last year. It would be nice if I could compare 2005 to 2006 in graph form with weeks or months as the X-Axis unit instead of individual run dates. Is there a way right now to calculate total miles ran between X date and Y date? I'm not sure what kind of summation formulas are necessary in fiddling with the code, but I guess the easiest way would be to include an option to graph by the individual runs/week/month/year. Thanks for the consideration, Sean
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Sean - sounds like you're using the "basic graph" option. Look for "advanced graph" for a lot more flexibility in your graphing. I haven't found a way to calculate total miles between specific dates other than going to the calendar pages and manually adding up the weekly totals.

Roads were made for journeys...

eric :)

Sean, Why are you importing your log manually? If you have an electronic copy of it (like in Excel) or downloaded it from another site, I can import it for you in a fraction of the time. Just a thought. Like Wingz said, there's an advance option for the graph. When you're at the graph page, there's an graph button on the log's toolbar that will allow you to switch over to advanced mode which will let you do all you've requested here. eric Smile
          Oh, I see...I just didn't know you could change the axis to week and month! Should have looked more carefully before posting. Thanks a bunch. As for my log, I was unfortunately using one of the logging sites that hasn't been updated for several years and doesn't have an export option as far as I found (www.running-log.com), so I don't have anything in excel format, I think I just have to click on the date and copy the run.
          eric :)

Oh, I see...I just didn't know you could change the axis to week and month! Should have looked more carefully before posting. Thanks a bunch. As for my log, I was unfortunately using one of the logging sites that hasn't been updated for several years and doesn't have an export option as far as I found (www.running-log.com), so I don't have anything in excel format, I think I just have to click on the date and copy the run.
            Someone wrote an exporter for it. You should search its forums because I've imported many logs from that site. If you manage to download it, be sure not to edit it with Excel because it will mess up certain fields.
            Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Hi - I used to use Running-Log (before discovering RA) ... I used the attached link to an export tool - it was a bit flaky but I did get the data and Eric did import it successfully for me. http://rlexport.tripod.com/blog/ Good luck, Neil

Running ... just keep running!