Motionbased Problems (Read 1004 times)

Anyone else having trouble with motionbased the last couple of days? I can upload my GPS data but I cant get it to appear in my inbox on the site. Seems that MB is very slow the last couple of days. Bob

Had it happen with my last run a day or 3 ago. haven't tried again since.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Yeah I was having problems this weekend. Finally got my Sunday and this AM's run to upload this morning. Just keep trying. I'm glad I have SportTracks, but can't view that information from home.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was just coming in here to see if it was just me. Yesterday it worked fine for me, but today I keep getting a dropped server response message.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Lia's Daddy

I have been having the same problem. I assume it is because of the transition to connect.garmin.com. There were several days when I couldn't get it to work at all. I went to connect.garmin and saw that my account had been migrated to the site but then realized that it doesn't support the 205/305. It says to view the timeline to find out when support will be available. I couldn't find anything that let me know when I could start using that site. Does anyone know wehn they wil start supporting the 205/305?
            "Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better." Juha "the Cruel" Väätäinen

Former runner

I was having problems with the Garmin Connect site last night. I was trying to upload some runs from my 405 since they failed to automagically upload and it kept crashing my Firefox. Angry

Ross

I have been having the same problem. I assume it is because of the transition to connect.garmin.com. There were several days when I couldn't get it to work at all. I went to connect.garmin and saw that my account had been migrated to the site but then realized that it doesn't support the 205/305. It says to view the timeline to find out when support will be available. I couldn't find anything that let me know when I could start using that site. Does anyone know wehn they wil start supporting the 205/305?
                The last I saw was Late August / Early September 2008 before MotionBased will migrate to Garmin Connect which will start support for the 205/305.

an amazing likeness

Anyone else having trouble with motionbased the last couple of days? I can upload my GPS data but I cant get it to appear in my inbox on the site. Seems that MB is very slow the last couple of days.
                  Bob -- Motionbased was really hosed up last weekend, and then spent most of yesterday (Monday) recovering. As late as Monday evening (eastern) they were still re-booting servers according to an email I got from their support. Apparently, they are getting crushed with uploads on the weekends, and the delay in moving to Garmin Connect has them behind on MB hardware....at least that's what the speculation is over on the MB forum.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

HOSS1961

Same issue here. On top of the transiton stuff I wonder if they have been getting hammered by any of this weather??? I know all about UPS and lightning protection, blah, blah...I also know it can fail. Anyone know where their servers are?
                    HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Geesh, this is annoying. I want to log my danged run, already! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

obiebyke

It's not pretty, but you can see your lap splits and heart rate on the Garmin itself, you know. Good for the interim. Just go to your history.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's not pretty, but you can see your lap splits and heart rate on the Garmin itself, you know. Good for the interim. Just go to your history.
                          Oh, I know...I just like to see what the distance is with elevation correction. I love my Garmin device, but it's amazing how amateur the actual MB site is.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Oh, I know...I just like to see what the distance is with elevation correction. I love my Garmin device, but it's amazing how amateur the actual MB site is.
                            < geek="" />Well actually, the correction is from the GPS correction, not from MB Gravity (the elevation correction). Elevation has a negligible effect on total distance run. < eek="" />

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

< geek="" />Well actually, the correction is from the GPS correction, not from MB Gravity (the elevation correction). Elevation has a negligible effect on total distance run. < eek="" />
                              Depends on where you run Smile
                                Anyone having problems again???