The Mile (Read 589 times)

And running a successful mile is defined in a vastly different way than running a successful marathon.

It's not by time?

TIC

C-R

Oh crap. I just registered for a mile race next month thanks to you people. Now you tell me its different from running a marathon. Should not have skipped page two and three of this thread.

BT - Its downtown Indy. You in?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

What's the name of the race? I'll look it up and see if the traveling would work.

Tom

C-R

What's the name of the race? I'll look it up and see if the traveling would work.

Tom

Indianapolis Monumental Mile - same people that host the fall marathon. Its a kickoff to the training program.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Indianapolis Monumental Mile - same people that host the fall marathon. Its a kickoff to the training program.

Looks intriguing, but doubtful.  Good luck!

joescott

Looks intriguing, but doubtful.

Woosie!!!  I triple-dog dare you.  According to milesplit, I think your time to beat is 4:51.  ;-)  [Heck, we'll even give you 2 seconds for the extra 9 meters, so let's call it 4:53]!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Woosie!!!  I triple-dog dare you.  According to milesplit, I think your time to beat is 4:51.  ;-)  [Heck, we'll even give you 2 seconds for the extra 9 meters, so let's call it 4:53]!

Milesplit is a little out of date. He posted a 4:50.86 last Friday :-) Though, I doubt it gets faster this season. He has a strained quad, and is getting a bad cold. I'm thinking the season is over and time for him to think about finals, AP exams and XC training.

But, the real reason is the race is on a Thursday night, and 4 hours away.

Feeling the growl again

Oh crap. I just registered for a mile race next month thanks to you people. Now you tell me its different from running a marathon. Should not have skipped page two and three of this thread.

I need to fit this in.  I should be able to crack 4:50 in a straight line by then.  Especially since there's beer after the finish.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

why am I even considering driving 2 hours each way to run a 5 minute race on a Thursday night in June....

nothing to see here.  

C-R

I need to fit this in.  I should be able to crack 4:50 in a straight line by then.  Especially since there's beer after the finish.

You know my trunk will have a cooler but Flat 12, Sun King etc. are mere minutes away.

Feeling the growl again

why am I even considering driving 2 hours each way to run a 5 minute race on a Thursday night in June....

Because you want to share beer with good company.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

bap

You're a runner.

Certified Running Coach
                          Crocked since 2013

Walk-Jogger

I don't understand the question. Why wouldn't you do this?

Not to mention; anyone with "awesome" in their name should be required to provide proof of same on a regular basis.  

Retired &  Loving It

C-R

Well you run faster than you drive. Doesn't take that long from Cincy.

I just stood around for 2 hours to watch my middle school kid run for about 28 seconds.