Race For The Cure 1000 miles (Read 999 times)

Marquess of Utopia

One year ago my wife's aunt died of breast cancer; to show my support we ran in the local Komen "Race For The Cure". I hadn't trained at all before the race and ran a 25:38. It was tough and I forced myself not to walk, during the race I decided to start running again. I have continued to run; and have logged 1000 miles these past eleven and a half months. This weekend was again "Race For The Cure" and I improved my 5k time by over seven and a half minutes! (18:01) I want to thank everyone at runningahead.com for providing a tool which has helped to keep me motivated.
    va

All I can say is...wow!
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Holy moly--that's something! And congrats on your mileage, too! You haev many things to be proud of. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

That's fantastic! Congrats on running 1000 miles! What a great way to show your support of such an amazing cause. Cheers to you!
          Wingz

Professional Noob

VERY impressive. Congratulations on your accomplishments.

Roads were made for journeys...

Lazy idiot

Way to go, dude. Nice improvement, and that's a great cause to run for.

Tick tock

WOW! What a great time difference. Congratulations. Smile

Michelle

That's a lot of time to shave off ANY race --- especially a 5K! Surprised WTG!
                  2009: BQ?
                    Dang! Your smoking dude! Wow!

Vim

derek

That is a great improvement!!! Congratulations!

Derek

Wow - that's awesome! Congrats Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                        Thyroid Support Group

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

Awesome. Consistency works, it's a beautiful thing.
                          Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.