Training For the Darwin Awards (Read 185 times)

Walk-Jogger

This has nothing to do with anything, but it gave me the creeps just looking at it, and well, you know, misery loves company . . .

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-02/enhanced/webdr02/10/17/anigif_enhanced-8376-1392069884-9.gif

Retired &  Loving It

Feeling the growl again

I've seen a disproportionate number of these videos coming out of Russia...typically going far past the usual US redneck "hey y'all watch this".

CLICK

Note that his buddy calmly films the whole thing without uttering one iota of emotion.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Walk-Jogger

Wow, it must be something in their water (like vodka, maybe?).

Retired &  Loving It

Feeling the growl again

Wow, it must be something in their water (like vodka, maybe?).

Have you not followed the Sochi warnings?  The water is not safe to splash on your face.  So vodka is the only safe alternative.  Costas was doing shots on the air to cure the pinkeye he got from splashing the water on his face.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

there was an urban free climbing documentary on C4 last month.  it focussed on a mad Brit who made a pilgrimage to meet an even crazier Ukrainian.

[not sure if link will work due to copyright]

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

The Plodder

Saw that C4 documentary, had me on tenterhooks all the way through - but was strangely addictive.

Cannot imagine ever doing anything like that -  I am happy to get through am evening run without tripping up - I am much too clumsy for any of those antics!

Saw that C4 documentary, had me on tenterhooks all the way through - but was strangely addictive.

Cannot imagine ever doing anything like that -  I am happy to get through am evening run without tripping up - I am much too clumsy for any of those antics!

+1

the level of trust the Ukrainian had in Mr Kingston to hang from his arm at that daft height, was unbelievable. James' back-flip was cool, too.

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

Agreed, these videos freak me out.

Here's a compilation of clips of a guy hanging off of super high structures:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njB9Wx0MPAg

This guy is a total adrenaline junky, but how long can he push the envelope before he slips up... gulp!

WordPress Speed Guides: my personal website with speed and seo guides

vincoding.com: repository of useful code snippets that I've saved over time

This would make a fantastic X Games event.

Tiefsa