Racing in the Rain (Read 619 times)

I feel like I'm being stalked by Mother Nature! I have never run a 5K when it wasn't raining or snowing, and the forecast for tomorrow morning, when I'm running a 5K at the zoo? That's right. Rain. Admittedly, running in the rain is kind of nice. But it tends to keep away the slower runners and I find myself at the back of the pack all the time! I just hope it doesn't get rained out completely.
      I don't understand abbreviations too well. Just wondering about J.D. piper. Does that stand for "Job Description" ? MTA: Also a lot of ladies seem to use "DA' on here. Does that stand for "Damn Husband" ? or "Designated Hitter" ? I'm serious. I'd like to know.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Lazy idiot

I don't understand abbreviations too well. Just wondering about J.D. piper. Does that stand for "Job Description" ? MTA: Also a lot of ladies seem to use "DA' on here. Does that stand for "Damn Husband" ? or "Designated Hitter" ? I'm serious. I'd like to know.
        My guesses: JD = Juris Doctorate DH= Dear Husband. Though my wife may prefer your first suggestion for the latter abbreviation.

Tick tock

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

DH= Dear Husband. Though my wife may prefer your first suggestion for the latter abbreviation.
          Mine is "dork husband." He's a mechanical engineer. Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I've got a few more tossing around in my head. Roll eyes Anybody else. Please tell.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

I don't understand abbreviations too well. Just wondering about J.D. piper. Does that stand for "Job Description" ?
              Juris Doctorate. In other words, law degree. I just graduated from law school and like Trishie, am spending my summer studying for the bar exam.
                Congrats and good luck tomorrow in the rain. I've been hoping for a race in the rain. It's been very dry here in TN. I haven't run in the rain ALL year. Send some of it down here, K. Wish it on me and I'll give ya credit when it does. Smile

Ricky

Running in the rain is great. Makes the sweat wash away! Big grin

Michelle

Imminent Catastrophe

Running in the rain is great. Makes the sweat wash away! Big grin
                    50k today in wet sand, torrential rain and wind thanks to Tropical Storm Barry. That makes for hard work but good stories! And yes, it definitely washes the sweat off.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016