USAF PT Test (Read 3019 times)

MikeB-BoR

Well, today was the day I had to take my PT test. The test consists of the following: Push-ups - as many as you can do in 1:00 (worth up to 10 pts) Sit-ups - as many as you can do in 1:00 (worth up to 10 pts) BMI - taken using waist measurement or weight (worth up to 30 pts) Run - 1.5 mile run (worth up to 50 pts) The max you need to do to get the full points is based on age. I'm 37 so I get it a bit easier then a 21 yr old. I mananged to max out push-ups - 46 I managed to max out sit-ups - 49 1 got the full amount for my BMI I did my 1.5 mile in 10:26 I ended up with a 93.5 out of a possible 100. I killed the test. We ran it on an indoor track. 15 times around was a mile. I lapped the slowest person three times and everyone else at least once. I almost felt bad. The strange thing is I don't really consider myself a fast runner, and most of the guys were almost 10 years younger. I think I need to get around a 9:30 to get the max points for the run. Next year I'll get it. Just wanted to pat myself on the back. That is my highest score since the AF implemented the test about 5 years ago. Mike

Goals :
    •Drop to 180 #s and hold steady around that weight 

Smokey

Good job. PS. Don't you love those PT shorts?
        Great job, Mike! I've never been in the military, but have thought it would be interesting to see how I fared on a PT test.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

MikeB-BoR

Great job, Mike! I've never been in the military, but have thought it would be interesting to see how I fared on a PT test.
          For a rough estimate: Record how fast you can run 1.5 miles Record how many push-ups you can do in 1 min Record many sit-ups you can do in 1 min Measure your abdominal circumference : To measure abdominal circumference, locate the upper hip bone and the top of the right iliac crest. Place a measuring tape in a horizontalplane around the abdomen atthe level of the iliac crest. Before reading the tape measure, ensure that the tape is snug, but does not compress the skin, and is parallel to the floor. The measurement is made at the end of a normal expiration. Plug the numbers into the below calculator and you should have a pretty good idea how you'd do. http://www.barksdaleservices.com/fitnesstracker.xls For the chart version go to: http://www.af.mil/news/USAF_Fitness_Charts.pdf Fitness Level Total Score Excellent > 90 Good 75 - 89.9 Poor <75 component points possible aerobic fitness 50 body composition 30 push-ups 10 crunches 10 at one time we had a maginal score as well, but i believe they have done away with that now. component="" points="" possible="" aerobic="" fitness="" 50="" body="" composition="" 30="" push-ups="" 10="" crunches="" 10="" at="" one="" time="" we="" had="" a="" maginal="" score="" as="" well,="" but="" i="" believe="" they="" have="" done="" away="" with="" that="" now.=""></75 component points possible aerobic fitness 50 body composition 30 push-ups 10 crunches 10 at one time we had a maginal score as well, but i believe they have done away with that now. >

Goals :

Just Be

Congrats, Mike! Smile
            Hannibal Granite

BMI - taken using waist measurement or weight (worth up to 30 pts)
              Congrats on the good test, but I have a question. You said waist measurement OR Weight. Is there now a height/weight component that can be substituted for the waist measurement? I ask b/c I got out of the AF a few years ago right after they implemented the new PT tests and at that time it was waist measurement only. It wasn't a big deal for me as I was always under the limit and could easily get a perfect score, but there were a few guys in my unit who could max the push-up, sit-ups, and run, but would miss a perfect by an inch or so the waist. One of them was about 6'5" and actually 'skinnier' than me, but no way was he ever going to have a 31 in. waist.

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

JakeKnight

If you want to see how you'd do on a military PT test, why are you asking a guy in the Air Force? Sorry, Mike. I resisted. I struggled. I fought. But Bonkin's question pushed me over the edge, and I could no longer resist the moral imperative that all Marines feel to make fun of the Air Force. I apologize. But I feel much better.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

My legs are killing me

If you want to see how you'd do on a military PT test, why are you asking a guy in the Air Force? Sorry, Mike. I resisted. I struggled. I fought. But Bonkin's question pushed me over the edge, and I could no longer resist the moral imperative that all Marines feel to make fun of the Air Force. I apologize. But I feel much better.
                  The Air Force has PT Tests?

The Greatest of All Time

Brutal.
                    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                    Hannibal Granite

Everyone knows if you want to be treated like a person in the military you join the AF. It's amazing how many jealous people there are on here Wink

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

My legs are killing me

Everyone knows if you want to be treated like a person in the military you join the AF. It's amazing how many jealous people there are on here Wink
                        I remember when I was in the Army, we were out in the field during a week of nothing but downpours. I was in my tent watching a stream of water going right through the middle of it and thought "I should have joined the Air Force, I'd be in a nice warm bed right about now"
                        MikeB-BoR

Congrats on the good test, but I have a question. You said waist measurement OR Weight. Is there now a height/weight component that can be substituted for the waist measurement? I ask b/c I got out of the AF a few years ago right after they implemented the new PT tests and at that time it was waist measurement only. It wasn't a big deal for me as I was always under the limit and could easily get a perfect score, but there were a few guys in my unit who could max the push-up, sit-ups, and run, but would miss a perfect by an inch or so the waist. One of them was about 6'5" and actually 'skinnier' than me, but no way was he ever going to have a 31 in. waist.
                          Yes, they will now substitue a height/weight component to get max points. For me, If I did not have a 32" waist, I would need to weigh 179 lbs at 71.5" tall. I think there is a chart out there somewhere. With the weight, it's all or nothing. If you are below the set amount for your height you get the 30 points if you are above that weight, they measure your waist.

Goals :

JakeKnight

Everyone knows if you want to be treated like a person princess in the military you join the AF.
                            Fixed that for you. No question about the special treatment. A ribbon for a six week basic training with co-ed dances? That's awesome! Where I was stationed in the UK, on a former Royal Air Force base, had some pretty good barracks. The single Marines thought they'd died and gone to Heaven. The small Air Force detachment on base ... they got a sub-standard housing allowance for staying in the very same barracks. Just awesome! I spent 4 months at Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo, current home of the creepy cultists. They put us up in rooms that you'd be happy to get in a 4-star hotel. For junior enlisted. Coffee machines. Fridges. Wall-to-wall carpet. Televisions. And best of all - wait for it ... wait for it - MAID SERVICE! Down we dive, spouting out flames from under, attaboy! Give her the gun ...!

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                            -----------------------------

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

I dont' care what branch you served in - Thanks a bunch for standing on the front lines so the rest of us can sleep more peacefully. We owe you a debt that can't be repaid. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
                              celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I dont' care what branch you served in - Thanks a bunch for standing on the front lines so the rest of us can sleep more peacefully. We owe you a debt that can't be repaid. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
                                Wholehearted agreement from here. Thank everyone, regardless of which service you are in.

Chris
                                PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k