Ode to some RA Runners (Read 733 times)

Swadvad

Trent and Kooky2003 inspired me to share my poetic lack of skill, so I thought I'd have some fun. Sorry I couldn't mention everyone. Ode To some RA Runners I met this fella named Forrest Gump, while running in the park one day. He told a story about running, for three years, five months, and two days. The running part intrigued me at first, But there was more to this grand tale, For he met some right interesting folks, At diffr’t points along his trial. When trishierunner in Maryland Stopped running to study the bar He thought that becoming a lawyer Who runs would be very bazaar This strange combination of runner And wanna-be lawyerly lass Returned when Piper0110 In Saint Louie watched Forrest pass The Keystone State held some winners Mississippi looked very fast Until her dear husband and sonny Flew past her and pushed her to last. Scout7 and Rockenmamof5 Joined Forrest and Miss’sip to run Through PA over to Ohio To DrewEOB’s for some fun From there Forrest went to Michigan A place he will not soon forget A shoe whore in a skirt named Zoom-Zoom Made leaving that place a regret From nearby, over in Canada He learned some more interesting stuff Like running up north in the winter Makes you tough, but Tough_Ain’t_Enough Out west he got psychoanalyzed When Runchicrun followed his quest She said that he had to be crazy All that runnin’ without some rest But he weren’t no more weird than that girl, They called her Kooky2003 She said, “it’s all about me darling” “In New Zealand, I’m the Queen Bee” Then Chenille dropped down from Alaska ‘long with Shyrunner07 they agreed that running with Forrest was a gift right straight from heaven Back toward home Forrest ran ‘cross Bonkin Excentric guy with a strange bent Had a gift of two flying monkeys From a friend in Nashville named Trent Just before he returned to ‘Bammy Forrest met the PrefesserR Knew more about running that most folks That Georgia clay helps you run far But nothing compared to the last thing That Forrest had locked in his head Said he saw Jeffgoblue take aim and Shoot a thousand pound pig named Fred So if you decide to go running for three years, five months, and two days take time to make friends with the others you see running along your way.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

From there Forrest went to Michigan A place he will not soon forget A shoe whore in a skirt named Zoom-Zoom Made leaving that place a regret
      woot--I'm forever immortalized in word! Word! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

madness baby

That is so great, Dave! Anyone else up for getting analyzed? . . . come west! Thanks for a good laugh this morning!
        deb
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Nice job Davdaws! That was sweet. Especially the part where I got to be the one to take down Fred. Wink

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Nice job, Dave. You are much better poet than I am. For some reason, mine all start out with "Roses are red...".

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dang. Kooky's crush on me and my poem is now over. Sheesh. Wink Very funny!!
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

For some reason, mine all start out with "Roses are red...".
                That's better than me. Most of mine start out with "There once was a man from Nantucket..."

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

nice job Big grin

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group

Now that was a bath...

Funny!!! But for some reason, it left me jealous of Zoomy. I want to be the shoe whore. Claire xxx
                  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Now that was a bath...

Dang. Kooky's crush on me and my poem is now over. Sheesh. Wink
                      Never.
                      Scout7

Funny!!! But for some reason, it left me jealous of Zoomy. I want to be the shoe whore. Claire xxx
                        **** ****** *********** *** ***** **** In deference to eric, I'm editing my comments.

Now that was a bath...

Dave - the smoke pic on your profile is great! I was checking out a photographer the other day that does smoke imaging and they are just amazing. Scout - As always I .... .. .... ..., brother.

Swadvad

Kooky, I found the pic here: www.graphics-galore.com/ The title is Marathon Runner.
                              Dave - that is awesome!! Big grin

Michelle

AWESOME. I found myself skipping ahead hoping against hopes I too would be included. And I was! I should mention this is not the first time I have been the subject of a poem. My Dad actually published a small collection of poems and prose about a year ago. Not to detract from Dave's poem in any way, but I'd like to share one line from my other poem: Scrotum swinging triumphantly below the umbilicus. I thought the RA runners would get a kick out of that. (Eric, can I say scrotum - d'oh! Did it again!) No, it is not a dirty limerick. It's actually about my life, this particular stanza chronicling the moment of my birth, written the day after my graduation from university.