Is it just me? (Read 987 times)

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

It gets better.

The RWOL mini-invasion isn't a cross section of all posters on RWOL.  It is a very specific swamp-like group from an area they refer to as...

BF.

Swamp-like? I used deodorant today. I promise. I even put some on before I went to my race this morning! Unfortunately, some other people did not and my allergies weren't bothering me yet so I could smell them. Sad
    xor

Which begs the question; where are the NRR peeps?

They aren't getting hit with the same spam and I don't think they care as much. 

They are all ....No ...They are just all 1  or 2  people just  trolling each other.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

NRR seems to be the word that can't be mentioned free. That word brings bad juju.

Hey, I post in NRR too.  Or I did.  Or I might still.  I can't decide.  I would welcome those folks over here too though. 

Running is dumb.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Hey, I post in NRR too.  Or I did.  Or I might still.  I can't decide.  I would welcome those folks over here too though. 

Sorry, I meant the 's' word that can not be spoken. Not NRR. I fixed the other post.

xor

You can speak whatever word(s) you choose here.  Even L&O.  Woohoo!  (EDIT: ah the s word.  You can say it in passing. You just don't want to call candyman or beetlejuice or even beatlejuice by continually declaring the spamtastically spamfree nature of the spamlessness here.)

Culture thing:  RA, as a culture, reallyreallyREALLY frowns on puppets.  So if that aspect of the BF/L&O/NRR vibe makes an appearance, the skies will darken.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Oh, does this gang know all about L&...errr, the forum that shall not be named?  Is there a reputation?

Running is dumb.

xor

Oh, does this gang know all about L&...errr, the forum that shall not be named?  Is there a reputation?

No, most of the folks here would think that L&O is that show on TNT.  Seriously, as king shit as all that stuff is on RWOL, it isn't well known elsewhere.  Is ok, many of those folks are nice peepole.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

They were told that BF is somehow associated with a swamp or something like that, L&O wasn't mentioned that I recall.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

'Tis true.  Many of them are good folks; I've met a few in person now, but you just don't see a lot of that on the forums.  I hang out there sometimes, but I don't really fit in.  I haven't fit in with the BF for a while now either, for that matter.

Running is dumb.

xor

They were told that BF is somehow associated with a swamp or something like that, L&O wasn't mentioned that I recall.

Heh.

BF is an interesting cross-sectional culture of newbies and a tightly-knit community (who aren't all newbies) that like to talk about stuff, some running and some nonrunning, and who give each other "the business" as part of fun and games.  There is a similar group here, except without the newbie-like nature.  That group may or may not refer to itself as the swamp and may or may not really be similar. I may or may not just be giving an opinion.

L&O/NRR is kind of different. Sort of.  Honestly, they have such an engrained culture that it would be harder for them to integrate.  Of course, if they moved and set up their own user group then they wouldn't have to try to integrate.

LRB

'Tis true.  Many of them are good folks; I've met a few in person now, but you just don't see a lot of that on the forums.  I hang out there sometimes, but I don't really fit in.  I haven't fit in with the BF for a while now either, for that matter.

That is only in your head, the BF loves and respects you. 

Your "embrace the suck" and "bring it on bitch" mantras will be repeated during tough times from here to eternity.

And do not forget they came out in droves to support you.  Remember this guy:

Fight the Power

word

Word.

runfoolery

Mandy, for what it's worth, I love reading your race reports. Very detailed, seems like I get a good idea of what running ultras is like (never ran run, so can't really say for sure), love the good humor you have about getting lost, etc. Smile

Gravelrunner

Running blows

L&O/NRR is kind of different. Sort of.  Honestly, they have such an engrained culture that it would be harder for them to integrate.  Of course, if they moved and set up their own user group then they wouldn't have to try to integrate.

I have a feeling you'll be seeing more of "us" soon...

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?

Village people

You fit in everywhere, Mandy! If I ever run an ultra, it will be your fault. Most of the the L&O'ers are very nice people.