Do all running shoes do this in the cold? (Read 889 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, they do get hard- one way to help would be to toss them on the heating vent for a little while before you head out. I bet the sole material takes a little while to get cold and harden so it probably won't bother you if they're not cold to begin with. Definitely don't keep them outside on the porch or in the cold overnight....
    They are pretty much hard by the time I start running (and they are kept indoors, near the front door...not too warm or too cold)--I usually do a quarter mile or so fast walk for warm-up and they are generally pretty hard within a few minutes of starting my run. Granted, all of the streets around here have several inches of packed snow with a generous dusting of new snow on top, so I'm guessing that doesn't help matters. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah, they do get hard- one way to help would be to toss them on the heating vent for a little while before you head out. I bet the sole material takes a little while to get cold and harden so it probably won't bother you if they're not cold to begin with. Definitely don't keep them outside on the porch or in the cold overnight....
      Our local shoe shop expert warned us that heating the shoe for any reason risks de laminating the soles.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Our local shoe shop expert warned us that heating the shoe for any reason risks de laminating the soles.
        Hmm...that may be with some shoes depending on how they're made. I've never had any problem and often leave them on the vent when it's cold....