Garmin 310xt or 220 (Read 147 times)

Garmin 305 appears, finally, dead.

Replace with new 220 or 310xt?

310 cheaper, longer battery, more waterproof. BUT I hear complaints about data download.

220 does its thing wirelessly. Water resistant (so was my 305, but it would get water in it on rainy runs.)

bluerun

Super B****

I have the 310, and have never had any problems with downloading data.

If you're going to use it for nothing but running, I'd go with the 220.  (I have the 620, which is about the same size, and I prefer it to the bulkiness of the 310.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

I've had my 310 for over three years and I love it. Never had any issues with data download and the battery life is superb.

Got 310xt.

Deciding factor: friend sold NIB to me for 120, plus shipping.

No brainer.

Got 310xt.

Deciding factor: friend sold NIB to me for 120, plus shipping.

No brainer.

I have owned a 310 for a few years and use it for open water swimming, cycling and running. I've had a couple instances where uploading was troublesome but I attribute that to an Ant Agent firmware upgrade that wasn't working properly. Make sure you delete workouts from the history periodically. Data can become corrupted as the unit tries to overwrite older data. Other then that, its done what I need it to do.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Eternal Rookie

I replaced my 305 with the 310 and I have yet to get it to upload to RA. It finds it and ignores it.

Seaching for GarminNetscapePlugin

found GarminNetscapePlugin

Plugin version: 4.1.0.0

Unlocked plugin

plugin.finishFindDevices() completed

Ignored non-GPS device "Forerunner 310XT (Unit ID 3880924801)"

Update: I messed with the ANT software and did some other things and it is now downloading to RA. There are some other threads about this issue.

Member Since 2008

I'll just stick with my trusty, crusty 205