300 (Read 2711 times)

xor

I was asked elsewhere about my cumulative miles over the years.  Here is what I wrote:

I started keeping my miles in RA's log in 2009.  Prior to that they are in a spiral notebook. Which now exists "somewhere".  Dunno what my cumulative miles would be, really, but I can say this:

2001 - 2004.  Very low mileage.

2005. I would guess 1000-2000 for the year.

2006. Low miles, the worst breast cancer year.

2007-2008.  Medium miles, probably 2000-2500 each year.

2009-2012. I kicked it way up after my real-life situation changed.

2012 is assuredly the last of the 4000-4500 mile years.  And that's fine.

Random stuff I remember winning over the years:

• A free Road ID at Skagit Flats 2010
    • A free pair of Brooks shoes at Seattle Rock N Roll 2011
    • A free pair of Newton shoes at Boston 2012
    • A bazillion Brooks kerchiefs, caps, and t shirts over the years
    • A turkey at some race I had traveled to. I don't remember where, but I remember declining the turkey.

Coolest giveaways that everyone got:

• A bag of tortillas at Tacoma 2007
    • A big bag of potatoes at Pocatello 2007 (which I gave away so as not to have to carry them to New Mexico, Colorado, and home)

Nicest thing a vendor has done for me:

At Disney 2011, they lost my bag and all my running stuff.  I went to the Brooks booth to buy shoes.  While there, I explained my situation. They gave me shorts, a short sleeve shirt, a super nice long sleeve pull-over, socks, and a hat... for free.

First marathon: 4:04:04 (Portland 2011)

Fastest marathon: 3:23 (Seattle Rock N Roll 2010 on a day where I didn't decide to 'go for it' until M6)

Portland should be 2001, no?  Great read- will go down in history. Sure makes me feel like a slacker slug, though.

333 = 272 marathons + 52 50ks (and close-to-it distances) + 9 50 milers (including 12 hour races where I ran 50-56 miles)

Christ on a bendy-bus!  Them's some seriously impressive (and to me, entirely unfathomable) figures, Mr López.  Well done, fellah Smile

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

xor

First marathon: 4:04:04 (Portland 2011)

Fastest marathon: 3:23 (Seattle Rock N Roll 2010 on a day where I didn't decide to 'go for it' until M6)

Portland should be 2001, no?  Great read- will go down in history. Sure makes me feel like a slacker slug, though.

Whoa.  Yes.  I will go fix that.

9/30/2001.

Mr Play

That is greatness.  Thanks for the overview and for sharing in such detail.

DoppleBock

Not sure if I read this before - But thanks for posting.  It is a nice over view.

I think a handful have run 50 states in under 3 hours

My Paavo was 3:00:17

Enjoy the new phase of running

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Late to the party, but congrats on 333! 

MM# 1477

srl, I came across this. You might find it interesting, as you travel a lot for races. Or, maybe it is stupid. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

xor

That is an interesting thing because it sounds like it would be stupid... but based on that write up, it kind of isn't and doesn't sound too spendy for someone paying westin prices. 

Me? I'm more of a holiday inn express guy (or microtel, hee).  I'm also not traveling around to run nearly as much these days.

Best Present Ever

That is an interesting thing because it sounds like it would be stupid... but based on that write up, it kind of isn't and doesn't sound too spendy for someone paying westin prices. 

Me? I'm more of a holiday inn express guy (or microtel, hee).  I'm also not traveling around to run nearly as much these days.

I like the idea of getting running clothes for running the day I leave, as I hate packing the wet ones.  But what do they do with them after they've been worn?  Or was this guy just lucky that he happened to get brand new-with-the-tags-on stuff, and when more people use it, you'll really get someone's already-been-sweated-in stuff? 

Queen of 3rd Place

Finally got around to reading this...good, no, great stuff. Very impressive. I'm also super-impressed that you remember it all!

Ex runner

I see you added another long run this weekend!  Congrats. 

How has the semi-retirement transition gone for you?

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

xor

I did.  Little silly race in the woods with hills.  Only my second run longer than 15 miles (I did one 18) since July.  Well, I walked 41 miles in August.  That was perhaps stupider than the little silly race in the woods with hills.

Retirement has been, well, challenging.

Thanks for asking!

Believe

I did.  Little silly race in the woods with hills.  Only my second run longer than 15 miles (I did one 18) since July.  Well, I walked 41 miles in August.  That was perhaps stupider than the little silly race in the woods with hills.

Retirement has been, well, challenging.

Thanks for asking!

Retirement, retirement, man I am jealous.  You can't be any older than I am so how can you retire?Big grin

xor

No.  I cannot explain the "40-something man's attempt at gang signs."