Morning runners - how quickly do you get out of the door? (Read 1289 times)

I know this is probably a comet topic but I have not seen it and I'm curious....

I am mostly a morning runner. I get up and I run, no coffee, no breakfast just get up and out the door.

Or so I thought.... but from the point when the alarm goes off to the point where I hit "start" on the garmin, it actually takes me 15 minutes to get going, at least 15 mins.

I have my stuff ready to go it should just be a case of put it on, fill the water bottle and go... w.t.f am I doing??

(I cannot answer that question yet as I have never really looked at how long it's been taking me until today)

Without getting too specific, there are a few bodily functions to take care of, but 15 mins seems way too long. I could be a mile down the road by then! (Yeah, yeah.... I know many of you would be 2 miles down the road by then!)

So, fellow morning runners - how quickly do you get out of the door in the morning?

Cheers - MattJ

2017 Goals
    1) Run more than 231 miles
    2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

Slo

I have to have my coffee.

it's usually around 30 mins for me.

Feeling the growl again

About six hours.  Because usually I reset my alarm to a more reasonable hour and then end up trying to run at lunch, at the earliest. 

When I do try to get out for a morning run, it's usually only 10-15min after I wake up.  Dwaddling just eats up time I could be using to cover distance. 

If it's the weekend and I'm doing a long run, add another 10-15min as I have to eat something first and likely down a cup of coffee.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

"run" "2" "eat"

try sleeping in your running gear.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

I am mostly a morning runner. I get up and I run, no coffee, no breakfast just get up and out the door.

Same here, and I just checked and it took exactly 15 minutes this morning.  But that includes shaving.  I am way to sweaty to shave after running...

30 - 45 minutes for me.

Same reasons you mentioned.  It just takes me longer to eat breakfast, drink coffee, take care of business, brush my teeth, load up all my gadgets (bottles, technology, lights & reflectors, Road ID, ...).

I found that if I rush out the door, I may need to rush home.... and when you're 4 miles from home, and you need to rush home, it makes for a bad run....  But that may be TMI....

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

About six hours.  Because usually I reset my alarm to a more reasonable hour and then end up trying to run at lunch, at the earliest. 

When I do try to get out for a morning run, it's usually only 10-15min after I wake up.  Dwaddling just eats up time I could be using to cover distance. SLEEPING 

If it's the weekend and I'm doing a long run, add another 10-15min as I have to eat something first and likely down a cup of coffee.

FIFY

I tried a couple times to run early before work, but its so damn hard to get out of bed when I know I don't have too. I'm more like Spaniel in that I'd rather run on my lunch break. I do get up a little early and velo commute about 10 miles to work a couple times a week but I have the luxury of using a shower at work.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

HermosaBoy

15 to 20 minutes -- most of that is taking care of bodily functions so I don't have to find a porta potty or rush home.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

About 20 minutes for me. Can't leave without my coffee, either.

"run" "2" "eat"

luxury of using a shower at work.

the showers at my work are not very luxurious.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

joescott

20 - 25 min. typical.   I find it just really helps me to have that much time to piddle around a bit and wake up.  But, I can be out the door in 5 when I absolutely have to.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Usually within thirty minutes, probably closer to 15 in most cases. Just enough time for a little water and maybe an apple or something and I'm out the door.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

Wake up at 4:30 and out the door between 5:15-5:30.  It's a slow go for me, and this is w/o eating anything. 

Believe

Since I can't run from my house, way too dangerous in the dark, I have to drive about 10 minutes to where I am going to run, but I average around 10 minutes from the time the alarm goes off to the time I hit the car.  I used to be able to get out in under that but as I get older I lay there longer.

jeffdonahue

I CAN be out the door in under 10 minutes, but usually it is about 15 minutes.  Some days I actually will take a little longer and will walk around the house to get my legs warmed up if anything is tight before I start running.