Best running shoes for a big guy (Read 4507 times)

Right on Hereford...

I haven't read this thread but I predict somebody recommends the Brooks Beast.

I agree that you should always try them on first and feel them out, especially if you don't know your shoe, but I saw some people mentioning the saucony's. Thought I'd share this: saucony progrid stabil cs (I'm a sucker for searching their sales). 

One thing that you should bear in mind is that shoes are a very personal thing... because a shoe works for one person it doesn't mean that it'll work for another. Try lots out, run on the dreadmill in the shoe store (or outside if they'll let you), focus on which shoe actually feels comfortable to you. Bear in mind that sizing can be a bit peculiar sometimes - you may need to try different sizes for different shoes.

Old, Slow, Happy

One thing that you should bear in mind is that shoes are a very personal thing... because a shoe works for one person it doesn't mean that it'll work for another. Try lots out, run on the dreadmill in the shoe store (or outside if they'll let you), focus on which shoe actually feels comfortable to you. Bear in mind that sizing can be a bit peculiar sometimes - you may need to try different sizes for different shoes.

+1

This is said just the way I shoulda said it.