USATF Championships on TV (Read 539 times)

Well clearly this Accelerade stuff doesn't work. One mile shy. Meanwhile in Indianapolis, some of America's actual best runners were competing in the T & F national championships. Good 10,000 last night, despite the heat...
    Ack! Mikey reminded me that this was on. I kept reminding myself to watch this but then flat our forgot! Now I'm going to watch and I recommend others giving televised track a chance too....I actually really enjoy it, you know the whole marvelling about how fast the best of the best are. And good races get my heart thumping quickly regardless. 6/22/07 8:00 PM ESPN2 AT&T USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships 6/23/07 2:00 PM NBC AT&T USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships 6/23/07 7:00 PM ESPN2 AT&T USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships 6/24/07 1:00 PM NBC AT&T USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships And here's the schedule of events.
    mikeymike

Looks like the mens' and womens' 100m and 5000m finals will all fall within tonight's ESPN2 live coverage window. I hope they keep most of the coverage on the live events vs. replaying earlier events.

Runners run

farandfast

Jackalope

Maybe they will show the entire 5k! I won't get my hopes up.

"Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true fearlessness." -Laozi

Go Green Wave!

I would imagine Shalane Flanagan is running in the 5k, anyone know? I'd love to see her run!
          mikeymike

Yup Shalane is entered in the 5000. Start list.

Runners run

Its about to start on NBC today... I don't think there will be any distance runs left, just sprints and hurdles and such. Don't forget the field sports!
                Actually! The 10k was on... it was pretty awesome.
                mikeymike

Saw the men's and women's 5k's on Friday night. Awesome. Lagat is a beast. At the end I was just hoping Teg could hold on for 2nd, and he did. He wen't for it you gotta hand it to the guy. Flanagan destroyed the womens field and put down just an amazing solo effort. Tyson Gray in the 100? Holy crap that was amazing. I wonder if the coverage today will go to 3 PM, it would be great to see the 1500...not that I'll likely be near a tv at that point.

Runners run

Yeah, the coverage today ends at 3 PM (eastern time). All the events I wanted to see were Friday and yesterday (5k and 10k) both of which were really nice... I am really looking forward to the men's steeple chase, and the 1500 as well... but I still don't get the point of running a 1500m when you could add 100m and make it a mile....
                      but I still don't get the point of running a 1500m when you could add 100m and make it a mile....
                      you would only be running a 1600m .....still not quite a mile.
                      Runners around the state are getting better today ...are you one of them? TRAIN HARD
                        Webb looked GREAT!
                        Runners around the state are getting better today ...are you one of them? TRAIN HARD
                          That was an awesome end for the 1500m.... but isn't 1600m a mile? 4 times around the track is 1600 m, and I have always run the 4 laps around as a mile.
                            1600 meters is about 9.4 meters short of a mile. Does not sound like a lot... but is is. That is why a 5K is 3.1 miles, 10K is 6.2 etc.
                              So the 1500 is essentially a mile in the metric distance, I guess...
                                A long long time ago over in France the tracks used to be 500 meters. They simply made it a 1500m race for an even 3 laps. Who would've though that now our tracks are 400 meters. Smile Anyway 1600m is exactly what cougar said just shy of a mile. Webb exploded the last 20 meters of his 1500. it was insane. Can't wait for world championship

https://www.instagram.com/tfilarski/